Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mando'a: Oh so you think you'd be cool with this...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daennika
Chief
Daennika

Title : Top Douche in charge
Number of posts : 483
Planet/System : Sol, Outer Rim
Credits : 553
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Mando'a: Oh so you think you'd be cool with this... Empty
PostSubject: Mando'a: Oh so you think you'd be cool with this...   Mando'a: Oh so you think you'd be cool with this... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 5:39 pm

Just like hardcore Star Trek fans, we now have our own Klingonese and it's the Mandalorian language that Karen Traviss helped develop from the "Dha Werda Verda" song in the video game's soundtrack Republic Commando.

It sounds horrible, maybe pretty at times, other times a little too close to certain Norse or Gaelic dialects to be really considered alien enough to be Star Wars... Mando'a is used a lot in Traviss's published works and most of us have at least read a few words here and there. The bad ones for starters (we always learn foreign languages through bad words. There should be nothing but bad words in a language in order for it to be easy).

Even though I sport the picture of the ultimate canon Fandalorian character I promised myself I wouldn't use any Mando'a in my communication. Perhaps the odd Huttese word here and there to prove a point but there's a limit to how shamelessly self-absorbed I can appear online. Drawing fan art and putting fan fiction online is already mutilating my social behaviors.

So here's where you can learn this geeky language, if only to understand a bit of where people are going with their silly roleplaying...

MANDO'A IZ KOOL

And by the way, roleplaying is lame. We have an RPG board in here but I don't commend it, use it at your own peril.
Back to top Go down
http://daesaurus.tumblr.com/

Mando'a: Oh so you think you'd be cool with this...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Mandalorian Stuff :: Global Mando talk-
Jump to: