Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!
HomeFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Four Essentials of Mandalorian Cooking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Daennika
Chief

Title : Top Douche in charge
Number of posts : 483
Planet/System : Sol, Outer Rim
Credits : 553
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: The Four Essentials of Mandalorian Cooking   Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:57 am

Indeed. Proteins are useless without carbs and you'd just shit them straight away.
Back to top Go down
http://daesaurus.tumblr.com/
Asha'man
Tourist

Title : M'hael
Number of posts : 9
Planet/System : Asha'mana of Ash'oul
Credits : 16
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: The Four Essentials of Mandalorian Cooking   Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:02 pm

It would still need to be balanced because while yes fat does have much more energy in it per gram, the human body is mostly protein and working the body that hard you'd need more protein to replace anything damaged. While carbs are needed to digest proteins properly without sending the body into kytosis.

So some percentage needs to be fat for energy the overall percentage would have to be averaged between the overall nutrional needs of many in shape mandos. All of which would be in very good shape and physicall fit, however with varying degrees of muscle mass. The more muscle mass the more protein will be needed to keep it in working order, and will also need more calories to maintain since muscle is very energy intesive.

As discussed before carbs are needed to properly digest proteins the more protien in the diet the more carbs needed to digest them.

The only information i don't have is the ratio between the carbs and proteins needed after that i should be able to figure out how much more of what is needed to equal 5000 calories. caloric intake from American MREs is 5000 and supposedly has everything one needs to fight for their lives and their country, should be similar for Mandos or at least the human ones.

EDIT: I've found that the ratio needs to be 20% fat, 40% carbs, and 40% protein. So that means that 1000 calories need to come from fat, and 2000 calories need to come from carbs and protein each.

Also fat has 8 calories in it per gram, while carbs and protein contain 4 calories per gram. thats 125 fat grams, and 500 grams of carbs and 500 grams of protein each. along with any minerals, nutrients, vitamins, and fiber that are needed but don't provide calories. Thats 1125 grams which is around 2.5 pounds. (2.48 if you want to get specific.) and thats only for the calories, thats not counting anything else thats needed for balanced food.

also capsin, (the substance that makes things spicy hot) does help burn off calories, like a mando would ever need help with that but there you go.

Hope that helps any mando food creations. Mel if you make anything i would love to try it. the Uj cake was good, and you haven't given me food poisoning yet. only a few people can say that.... unfortunatly i'm not one of them.

Last edited by Asha'man on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:13 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Additional information)
Back to top Go down

The Four Essentials of Mandalorian Cooking
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2