Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Wars Music Tour

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Catika
Vice Chief
Catika

Title : Medpack Dispenser
Number of posts : 349
Planet/System : Ord Mantell
Credits : 400
Rep : 65
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Star Wars Music Tour Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars Music Tour   Star Wars Music Tour I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:09 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090801/stage_nm/us_starwars

Looks like it's only going to be in the States for now. :O Anyone think they'd be interested in going? It sounds kinda cool. The Cincinnati Pops did a Star Wars tribute and had a choreographed lightsaber duel and stuff, I heard it was really awesome. I love music and I think this looks like fun.
Back to top Go down
http://rc1140.tumblr.com
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

Title : Daydream Wanderer
Number of posts : 340
Planet/System : Flitting between Tochin and Arus
Credits : 307
Rep : 61
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Music Tour   Star Wars Music Tour I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 7:31 pm

I already told my husband that once it comes to the East Coast (preferably NJ, but I'll take Philly), then I'm there. I'm skitterish about NYC, but if that's the only venue who will host it, then I guess I just have to deal with the City.

I've already started to put the money aside. I kind of liken it to Star Wars' version of Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and I was completely blown away by TSO. I can't even begin to imagine how cool this will be. The snippets they showed on G4 probaby don't do it any justice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/961915/Ms_MaraJade
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior
Mesh'la Runi

Title : "The Rancor"
Number of posts : 308
Planet/System : Gallifrey
Credits : 304
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Music Tour   Star Wars Music Tour I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:56 pm

A friend of mine who lives in Oklahoma is planning on attending the event, and informed me about it. I think it looks very interesting and if it doesn't cost too much, I'd like to go. As it is, only the west side of the US is even on the listing for tour dates at the moment, but I'm assuming that they'll expand eastward eventually. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://meshlaruni.deviantart.com/
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

Title : Daydream Wanderer
Number of posts : 340
Planet/System : Flitting between Tochin and Arus
Credits : 307
Rep : 61
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Music Tour   Star Wars Music Tour I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:09 pm

cheers Review of Star Wars in Concert!! cheers

November 15, 2009
Wachovia Center – Philadelphia, PA
by Ms.MaraJade

Well, I had this wonderful review written in my head last night before I went to sleep, but as it goes, when I don’t write it down at that moment, I lose it. With that said, I can honestly say that Star Wars in Concert was a demonstration of how music tells a story. The visuals that were provided are the same scenes we have ingrained in our memories from watching the movies, but to see them played nearly silent while a full orchestra told the story was a fabulous and phenomenonal experience I hope to never forget.

Of course, all the “videos” provided were pretty much exactly the same ones that were on the bonus DVD that came with my Episode III soundtrack. But, there was something unique about watching the story unfold…LIVE. Although I lived on my soundtracks for years, the live performance enhanced the notes and the swells in the music, most primarily “Princess Leia’s Theme” and “Yoda’s Theme,” in which certain chords and pieces of the arrangement struck me so intensely that I couldn’t help choking up over the simple BEAUTY that the music holds. I can’t say it enough: John Williams is a musical genius, and to see his works celebrated in such a way was just breath taking!

Anthony Daniels did a superb job playing emcee during the night’s performances. Say what you will about the man who played a prissy droid in the movies, but he didn’t make one single verbal flub all night! He had flawlessly executed his words, and it was always a treat when he fell into the C-3P0 role, spouting movie lines and portraying a human version of that protocol droid. Pure magic!

The costumes and props were very limited, but with a large crowd moving about the concourse to see everything and take pictures, anything more would probably have brought traffic to a complete standstill. Members of the Philly 501st and Rebel Legion made appearances in the costumes of Star Wars favorites. I saw Stormtroopers, a Sandtrooper, an AT-AT Driver, Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Princess Leia, a female Rebel Pilot, Darth Vader, Chewbacca, and a couple more. It made me regret not wearing my Jedi costume so that I could have some real fun with those costuming group members!

The star of the night, though, truly was the music, and the orchestra was just amazing to watch and hear. The percussion section had a wonderful time playing their Jizz Band Swing on the “Cantina Band” piece, and even the conductor had his moments to engage in a small role, playing off some of Daniels’ quirkiness. One of the most amazing pieces of the night, however, was the concert version of the Ewok Battle Sequence. I found it was immensely exciting to watch the orchestra, and I couldn’t tear my eyes away long enough to look at the movie clips playing on the widescreen.

I’m truly glad I was able to save up the funds to experience this event, and if anyone else is able to do so as well, I would highly recommend you give yourself a “Night at the Star Wars Opera” (minus the opera singers, of course!) and indulge in John William’s magic, his gift of music.

Star Wars Music Tour DSCF0057
One of my many "fangirl" moments of the night. Boba Fett actually looks like he's protecting me. (We Mandos have to stick together...) The Stormtrooper and Rebel were bonuses!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/961915/Ms_MaraJade
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior
Mesh'la Runi

Title : "The Rancor"
Number of posts : 308
Planet/System : Gallifrey
Credits : 304
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Music Tour   Star Wars Music Tour I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:18 am

I forgot this thread was around! I went to Star Wars in Concert on November 1st at the St. Petersburg Times Forum near Tampa, FL. Took my fiance to it as his birthday present (even though his birthday was Oct. 22nd, lol).

There were no Mandos at mine (*sad face*), but several 501st people. My fiance and I had nosebleed seats (because I couldn't honestly afford anything else), but when we got up there, the lady told us that there was an conflict with our seats and the lighting, so she moved us down to almost floor level!

https://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/aielidej/Photos/?action=view&current=PICT0084.flv

I wish I had taken a video of the performance itself. Even though they said no flash photography, the person beside me was filming like the entire time. Then again, I have a digital photo camera, and the video quality isn't THAT great. So no biggie. Though I did get a bit of the encore performance. If only our actual pictures had turned out better.

https://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/aielidej/Photos/?action=view&current=PICT0086.flv

Star Wars Music Tour Stormiepic2

Other Pics:

Senate/Imperial Guards

Solo in Carbonite

Plo Koon

Threepio

Royal and Handmaiden Outfits

Chewbacca

Padme's Pilot Disguise
Back to top Go down
http://meshlaruni.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content