Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thanks guys

Go down 
+2
Daennika
Catika
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Catika
Vice Chief
Catika

Title : Medpack Dispenser
Number of posts : 349
Planet/System : Ord Mantell
Credits : 400
Rep : 65
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Thanks guys Empty
PostSubject: Thanks guys   Thanks guys I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 1:23 pm

I moderate a forum for the gaming cafe where I work and you'd think since everyone knows each other, it would be a pretty conflict-free board. Not. In fact, most of the people there are shabuirs with no respect for anybody, not even the owners of the store.

At any rate, I just wanted to thank everybody for your polite conduct and kindness toward each other. Even though we're all strangers from different walks of life, I feel very comfortable around all of you because nobody makes a scene.

Consider all of your helmeted heads bumped by me.

(bahaha I made this extra super mushy to make Daennika cringe. <3)
Back to top Go down
http://rc1140.tumblr.com
Daennika
Chief
Daennika

Title : Top Douche in charge
Number of posts : 483
Planet/System : Sol, Outer Rim
Credits : 553
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Thanks guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks guys   Thanks guys I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 2:41 pm

You make me sick!!! Mad

I think I remember your rant about that cafe board on your blog. It really is a wonder how people act online in comparison to their real life behavior. Anyone with a minimum psychology notions will say it's passive-aggressiveness that makes them "lash out" on the internet.

The good part of MandoBoard is the international dimension to our community, even though a lot of you guys are from the US there are no clans forming around a particular area. None of us are flooding the board with costuming and convention plans = nobody has to feel left out.

Until the day when there will be MandoCons, and I doubt that'll be anytime soon with the lastest events, this community will be our own peaceful haven of friendship and geek. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://daesaurus.tumblr.com/
Anecdote
Strong Arm
Anecdote

Title : Molotov over here!
Number of posts : 174
Planet/System : Corellia
Credits : 195
Rep : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Thanks guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks guys   Thanks guys I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 5:52 pm

OKAY GUYS WE MEET UP ON SATURDAY AT THE OPEN BAR

I mean...

I've already explained my... thorough misadventures gallivanting across the internet. This place is relatively friendly and open, for the most part. Alas, Cat, I share your pain as far as moderating boards full of adolescent males goes. Ohohoho, thinly veiled reference goes here.

I don't have much more to add, except that everyone I've spoken to on this particular forum is awesome, and I enjoy speaking to everyone I have met and have yet to meet.
Back to top Go down
Tenna
Staff Sergeant
Tenna

Title : Droid Control
Number of posts : 193
Planet/System : Hawkbat country
Credits : 217
Rep : 10
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Thanks guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks guys   Thanks guys I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 8:10 pm

I think there is more drama on boards when you know the people in real life from my experience. I'm not quite sure why that is exactly.
Back to top Go down
Kote
Warrior
Kote

Number of posts : 144
Planet/System : currently on deep scouting mission in the Unknown Regions
Credits : 144
Rep : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Thanks guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks guys   Thanks guys I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 6:57 am

Quote :
I think there is more drama on boards when you know the people in real life from my experience.

It depends. One of the most friendly boards I know is a place where all the veteran members know each other from long ago, and when I say "know" I do not mean they are all good friends.

Anyway, I'd like to thank you all too. MandoBoard is a great place, and it's the members who make it great. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vio'Fais
Sergeant
Vio'Fais

Title : Robot Assassin
Number of posts : 59
Planet/System : Home is where the job sends you.
Credits : 43
Rep : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Thanks guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks guys   Thanks guys I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 2:01 pm

Agreed! You guys are very awesome.

I tend to shy away from forums due to the insane amounts of drama that seems to always pop up. Thanks for not being lame like that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thanks guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks guys   Thanks guys I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thanks guys
Page 1 of 1