Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Uj cake attempt

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyayah Skirata
Farmer
Eyayah Skirata

Title : Al'verde
Number of posts : 18
Planet/System : Manda'yaim
Credits : 34
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2009-08-13

My Uj cake attempt Empty
PostSubject: My Uj cake attempt   My Uj cake attempt I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 6:43 pm

Well, today, I tried to make myself a Uj cake with a little experimenting. Smile
It turned out not too bad. A little dry...but it's tasty. Definately something to eat with something to drink like a glass of milk or something.

Cake Recipe:
1 box - Pound cake mix
2 eggs
3/4 cup of water
1/2 cup of Crushed Pecans
1/2 cup of Dried Raspberries, Carnberries, Blueberries & Cherries
1/8 teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla extract

Cooking Instructions: I used the instructions on the Pound cake box for 1 batch. Cooking time: 48-53 minutes. 370 degrees for oven. Spray pan before pouring batter in. Note: Test with toothpicks to make sure its done. If toothpick comes out wet, allow to 5-10 minutes more cooking before testing it again. Once done, allow 10 minutes to cool before getting out of its loaf pan. I used a glass one.

Syrup Recipe:
1/2 cup of Brown Suger
1/2 cup of Honey
6 tablespoons of Orange juice (Most Pulp - Florida's Natural)
Dash of Vanilla extract
Dash of Ground Cinnamon

Cooking Instructions: Mix the honey and Brown suger in a mixing bowl until it's a sticky mess of honey and suger. Place into pot or a sauce pan and onto a stove at a medium or medium high heat (5 to 7 on a 10 count stove dial). Stir constantly until it foams. Cut heat down every so often to prevent burn and allow it to cool for tasting. Added Cinnamon, Vanilla and Orange juice while cooking to add more taste to it. It may smell strange and disgusting, but it's really good when it's finished. It dries to a nice stickiness as well.

Note: Use two at a time. Pour 2 tablespoons and then taste. Add more if needed.

I used 6 tablespoons of orange juice in mine. Everyone has different tastes.

Use a spoon and carefully pour onto cake. Warning: It will be Extremely hot! Pour and use spoon to smear cooling syrup on cake's top and sides. Allow to cool. Use all the syrup you need. Then you're done. Oya!

Pictures: (Just made fresh today - Second attempt - same recipes)
Without syrup:
My Uj cake attempt 6829_1242049292252_1259913131_715246_1914649_n
With Home-made syrup:
My Uj cake attempt 6829_1242049372254_1259913131_715247_7432298_n
Finished:
My Uj cake attempt 6829_1242049412255_1259913131_715248_7514490_n

Last edited by Eyayah Skirata on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buruk
Sergeant
Buruk

Title : Survivor of Galidraan
Number of posts : 61
Planet/System : Concord Dawn
Credits : 79
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-23

My Uj cake attempt Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Uj cake attempt   My Uj cake attempt I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 8:20 pm

Okay, I didn't come up with this, I found it on a Star Wars blog, but the results are delicious:

3 1/2 cups ground almond flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda

Sift together in a large bowl and set aside.

3 room-temperature eggs (separate yolks and whip the whites until stiff peaks form)
1 1/2 cups honey
1 cup unsweetened thick Greek yoghurt
5 Tblspns orange juice concentrate
1 1/2 Tblspn grated orange zest
1/2 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat egg yolks well, then stir in honey, yoghurt, OJ concentrate, melted butter, and orange zest.
Combine liquid mixture with dry, then gently fold in the whipped egg whites. Pour batter into well-greased 10 inch round baking pan.
Bake until top is very golden.
Cool slightly, then flip out onto a plate to finish cooling.

Syrup:
1 1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 cups OJ concentrate, undiluted

Mix honey and OJ together in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 mins.
Remove from heat and skim/discard froth from syrup. Cool a bit, then pour carefully over finished cake.
Poke cake gently with a wooden skewer to aid in absorption of syrup.
Serve to hungry Mando'ade. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eyayah Skirata
Farmer
Eyayah Skirata

My Uj cake attempt Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Uj cake attempt   My Uj cake attempt I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:19 pm

Updated: I added photos. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kal Venku
Farmer
Kal Venku

Title : Striilir'alor
Number of posts : 15
Credits : 21
Registration date : 2009-06-18

My Uj cake attempt Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Uj cake attempt   My Uj cake attempt I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:42 pm

Hm...I wish I was better at cooking, thats for sure. I would make some for myself.
Back to top Go down
Eyayah Skirata
Farmer
Eyayah Skirata

My Uj cake attempt Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Uj cake attempt   My Uj cake attempt I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:55 pm

^^; It's alright, Kal'ika. I can be a dangerous soul in the kitchen sometimes.

I got a blister on the one of my middle knuckles of my middle finger on my right hand from trying to test my cake to see if it was done. I hit the top inside of the stove by accident. It hurt like heck. Then I accidently dripped hot...I mean hot syrup on four of my fingers - including the one I burned, tapping the inside top of the stove.

I swear...I'm an di'kut in the kitchen sometimes. Hurting myself in some odd way...which is usually a no-brainer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Uj cake attempt Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Uj cake attempt   My Uj cake attempt I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Uj cake attempt
Page 1 of 1