Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!
HomeFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Makazie One - Video

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Melyc'inya
Staff Sergeant
avatar

Title : Combat Medic
Number of posts : 116
Credits : 162
Rep : 14
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Makazie One - Video   Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:46 am

http://makazieone.com/film_standard.html

A friend of mine (who is now the proud owner of a shadow trooper costume Wink) sent me this video last night. It's trooper-heavy, but there are also Mandalorians (and Jedi and Sith), a badass fight, and rather well-done video and editing work. Also, DEFINITELY watch through past the credits, as there's a short bit afterward that alludes to a potential second film (that I can only hope they actually do!).

Do enjoy! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://melfina-chan.deviantart.com
Daennika
Chief
avatar

Title : Top Douche in charge
Number of posts : 483
Planet/System : Sol, Outer Rim
Credits : 553
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Makazie One - Video   Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:50 am

Heeeeeeee that was awesome! I enjoyed it and thought it was pretty original. I don't watch fan films because they're usually kind of hesitant with the scenario but this one definitely raises the bar.

Thanks for sharing! pirat
Back to top Go down
http://daesaurus.tumblr.com/
Tracyn Ordo
Warrior
avatar

Title : The NZ Mando
Number of posts : 156
Planet/System : Manda'yaim
Credits : 156
Rep : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Makazie One - Video   Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:31 pm

Thats pretty cool! Like Dae I'm not usually that big of a fan of fan films but that one was interesting! I loled at all the mandos being Boba...
Back to top Go down
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior
avatar

Title : "The Rancor"
Number of posts : 308
Planet/System : Gallifrey
Credits : 304
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Makazie One - Video   Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:30 pm

Tracyn Ordo wrote:
Thats pretty cool! Like Dae I'm not usually that big of a fan of fan films but that one was interesting! I loled at all the mandos being Boba...

Could have just been Mandalorian Protectors. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://meshlaruni.deviantart.com/
Dar Kyram
Strong Arm
avatar

Title : I am the Skull King. ...and the new mascot.
Number of posts : 42
Credits : 67
Rep : 6
Registration date : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Makazie One - Video   Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:47 pm

They could have been. But they were all Boba's, down to even the CUSTOM Boba Gun. They could've been a bit more creative with their Mandalorians. Not saying as extreme as like what you see when the Mando Mercs gather, but something uniform but unique would have been nice.

I have to say, by the time Makazie One got to the cave.... I lost interest. Rather lame at that point.

Any future views, I highly suggest and recommend that you STOP when you see Makazie One go into the cave.
Back to top Go down
Tracyn Ordo
Warrior
avatar

Title : The NZ Mando
Number of posts : 156
Planet/System : Manda'yaim
Credits : 156
Rep : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Makazie One - Video   Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:09 pm

Dar Kyram wrote:
They could have been. But they were all Boba's, down to even the CUSTOM Boba Gun. They could've been a bit more creative with their Mandalorians. Not saying as extreme as like what you see when the Mando Mercs gather, but something uniform but unique would have been nice.

I have to say, by the time Makazie One got to the cave.... I lost interest. Rather lame at that point.

Any future views, I highly suggest and recommend that you STOP when you see Makazie One go into the cave.
I agree completely, and also the segment of Makazie one going to the cave, while adding to the story, was a bit too drawn out for my liking.
Back to top Go down
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior
avatar

Title : "The Rancor"
Number of posts : 308
Planet/System : Gallifrey
Credits : 304
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Makazie One - Video   Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:41 pm

Dar Kyram wrote:
They could have been. But they were all Boba's, down to even the CUSTOM Boba Gun. They could've been a bit more creative with their Mandalorians. Not saying as extreme as like what you see when the Mando Mercs gather, but something uniform but unique would have been nice.

I was kidding...lol. I know they were all Boba costumes.

Anyways, I liked the film, for what it was. Decent acting/plot/effects and it kept my interest through all 16 minutes. I also liked how the grenade wasn't really a grenade ;P. But as for the cave fight itself, I thought the Jedi guy could have been a little better, and I realize that they wanted a half-lit feel for the cave but it was hard to tell what was going on because of it.

But overall, not bad, and I think I would watch a sequel. ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://meshlaruni.deviantart.com/
Dar Kyram
Strong Arm
avatar

Title : I am the Skull King. ...and the new mascot.
Number of posts : 42
Credits : 67
Rep : 6
Registration date : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Makazie One - Video   Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:12 am

Well, what bugged me is the fact they made the fight scene like the dark-lit fight scene in Episode II which wasn't any good.

I'll watch a sequel, but all I can say is they oughta cut out the Force stuff as if it doesn't exist and never happened. We got enough Force based fan films out there. I'd like to see one that isn't saturated with Jedi.

Yes, I know there's a few out there that aren't, but there's not enough.
Back to top Go down
ForestRaptor
Sergeant
avatar

Title : Mando'ad
Number of posts : 91
Credits : 94
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Makazie One - Video   Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:58 am

Pretty decent stuff if you ask me :3
Back to top Go down
Cando Pax
Tourist


Number of posts : 13
Credits : 11
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Makazie One - Video   Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:08 pm

I have a thousand things I was to say about this video!


But, I won't....because they're all bad.... No


So, I'll point out what I liked in the film.

Cool locations, cool battle scene at the beginning, minus the Mandos, they even used actual military lingo, and uhhm.....well, that's about it.

I don't understand why everyone thinks or assumes, or imagines that Vader and Palpatine had a crap load of dark jedi running around. For this particular incident, Darth Vader would have seen personally to this. And anyone force sensitive he saw as a threat to his personal well being so he offed them.

So the entire concept of...a....I'm sorry...a Dark Jedi Stormtrooper....just seems entirely ridiculous, his light saber was lame, I wasn't impressed when he took off his helmet, I mean, if it was someone important then yeah, I can see them taking off their helmets, but they focused in for him to take off his helmet and be some bad ass, and it was just....some random dude that nobody really knows.

The jedi was weak sauce....



But, I'm a huge critic about movies and such, so don't mind me. I'm not attacking the film in any way...I just think it's ridiculous when people are like "I'm badass guy in stormtrooper costume..." I'm sorry, I've never heard of you before.

And Mandos being taken out that easily by egg shells? Nah, wouldn't happen.



"I'm sorry, nowhere in your film did I see any sense of a plot that kept my interest. I award you no points...and may god have mercy on your soul."
Back to top Go down
Valara
Specialist


Title : Black Cat
Number of posts : 34
Credits : 29
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Makazie One - Video   Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:16 pm

Yeah, I know Jedi are important to this universe, but why does EVERYTHING have to revolve around them. It seems like all these fan movies (that I've seen) have jedi. And yeah, the whole stormtroopers/dark jedi...was kinda eh... cliche.
Back to top Go down
commander-13
Staff Sergeant
avatar

Number of posts : 69
Credits : 115
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Makazie One - Video   Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:17 am

Quote :
I have a thousand things I was to say about this video!


But, I won't....because they're all bad....

Yes, but now that you've said what you liked about the film, it's okay to critic, as long as it's constructive criticism. You not only have to say what you didn't like, but also why you didn't like it.

It's actually a good thing that you say what you honestly think about it, it's a good subject of discussion.

I honestly would've wanted to see a "newer" design on the mandos, rather than having them all be "Bobas". I did like the fact that they were all uniform like the storm troopers, but I think a different look, or even a different color scheme to the mandos would've been better.

Voice acting was bland, but it usually always is in fan films. It's like they rehearsed it too much, or not enough, and end up sounding like an automaton.

And yes the lightsaber-wielding trooper was kind of meh. I understand that there could be some sort of anti-jedi task force, cause let's face it, Vader can't be everywhere. The concept is actually neat. I can picture a squad of troopers wearing cortosis layered armor and the squad leader having an ysalamiri over his shoulder a la pauldron. But trooper armor wearing dark-jedi?

The scene where he tends to the wounded trooper no longer makes sense in that case, do you really think dark-jedi give a crap about eggshells?

Visually the fanfilm is actually okay, the location of the shoot is definitely a good one, and props to gunking up all those helmets, but a lot of it is really just a prelude to the fight against the jedi. There is very little rhyme or reason why there was the battle in the beginning of the movie and why we follow Makazie One in his trek through the land. It's more "filler" rather than actually make the story advance. It could be an artistic choice, it could be because we don't have the whole picture cause it's part of a bigger whole.

Overall, I actually enjoyed it even with all the criticism I put into it, simply because there aren't enough "quality" fanfilms out there, in fact I'd watch the sequel if there was a sequel. But I'd like to see a more mando-centric fanfilm out there in the near future, and I don't mean Boba or Jango.
Back to top Go down
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior
avatar

Title : "The Rancor"
Number of posts : 308
Planet/System : Gallifrey
Credits : 304
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Makazie One - Video   Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:24 am

Cando Pax wrote:
The jedi was weak sauce...
Not every Jedi can be Mace "This Party's Over" Windu, but I agree that he sucked.

Cando Pax wrote:
And Mandos being taken out that easily by egg shells? Nah, wouldn't happen.
They died so easily. D: That was the first thing I noticed when the battle started. I kept expecting them to pull some trick and swing the tide, even if only for a little. But they just stayed dead. It was like the Stormtrooper effect was working backwards in this film. Razz

commander-13 wrote:
...there could be some sort of anti-jedi task force, 'cause let's face it, Vader can't be everywhere. The concept is actually neat. I can picture a squad of troopers wearing cortosis layered armor and the squad leader having an ysalamiri over his shoulder a la pauldron.
That sounds...really freaking cool. Haha. Make the playing field a little more even for the stormies. ^_^

commander-13 wrote:
I'd like to see a more mando-centric fanfilm out there in the near future, and I don't mean Boba or Jango.
If it's good enough, I'd even take a Boba or Jango film, but I agree with this as well. There are hardly any Mando films and even rarer is a "good" one.
Back to top Go down
http://meshlaruni.deviantart.com/
Daennika
Chief
avatar

Title : Top Douche in charge
Number of posts : 483
Planet/System : Sol, Outer Rim
Credits : 553
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Makazie One - Video   Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:17 pm

commander-13 wrote:
Overall, I actually enjoyed it even with all the criticism I put into it, simply because there aren't enough "quality" fanfilms out there, in fact I'd watch the sequel if there was a sequel.
While I was pleased with the general feel of the picture I kind of want to throw a thought out there without going deep into detailed criticism.

I won't watch the sequel if the director(s) keep letting the actors do whatever they think would be cool in the story. Actually that last bit after the credits was totally uncalled for and let's us wonder why the Empire fails so much if they have so many covert Dark Jedi around but that's another debate.

The only fan film I will always love and worship is TROOPS. They had awesome voice acting, the cool unpretentious "documentary" style (as all amateur films should be), HUMOR, and a moderated dose of special effects. As classic Star Wars should be! It showed no attempts to be dramatic and didn't try to appeal to all sub-categories of fans (by throwing a semi-dozen of Mandalorians around like in Makazie One). And, I almost forgot: IT DIDN'T HAVE ANY SABER FIGHT.

I am officially sick of fan-made saber fights in fan films.
Back to top Go down
http://daesaurus.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Makazie One - Video   

Back to top Go down
 
Makazie One - Video
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Old Motor Week Jon Moss T56 Impala SS road test video
» Woman Televangelist Arrested Naked In Heels(Video)
» Video of a family vacation to Laura sites
» Phantom US Tour Video Slideshow Project
» Lusty Latina Goes Loca for Gerry TMZ Video

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Mandalorian Stuff :: Global Mando talk-
Jump to: