Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

People who don't know what Star Wars is...

Go down 
+3
Ms.MaraJade
Catika
Daennika
7 posters

Have you met any?
Yes
People who don't know what Star Wars is... I_vote_lcap85%People who don't know what Star Wars is... I_vote_rcap
 85% [ 11 ]
No
People who don't know what Star Wars is... I_vote_lcap15%People who don't know what Star Wars is... I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Daennika
Chief
Daennika

Title : Top Douche in charge
Number of posts : 483
Planet/System : Sol, Outer Rim
Credits : 553
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-16

People who don't know what Star Wars is... Empty
PostSubject: People who don't know what Star Wars is...   People who don't know what Star Wars is... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:14 pm

... or have never even heard of Star Wars

I met some, and it appalled me at the time. Nowadays it's more rare because of how kids get to know it from other kids at school + the merchandising and how you can see all sorts of Star Wars references on TV.

But I think there are still a lot of people around the globe who don't actually know or don't care what it's about. Since I'm not as social as I used to be, I haven't been confronted to them again to know if I would try to educate them on the matter.

The one person I knew was in high school and she was soooo clueless I just shrugged her off like "Oh my good you're missing out" tongue
Back to top Go down
http://daesaurus.tumblr.com/
Catika
Vice Chief
Catika

Title : Medpack Dispenser
Number of posts : 349
Planet/System : Ord Mantell
Credits : 400
Rep : 65

PostSubject: Re: People who don't know what Star Wars is...   People who don't know what Star Wars is... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:38 pm

Here in 'murrica, I feel like there aren't that many people who haven't at least heard of Star Wars. I do know a lot of people who have never seen the original trilogy, though. My roommate freshman year said the only movie she saw was Attack of the Clones (!!) so I made her watch A New Hope and Empire before the end of the year.

Then there's this girl who replaced me in the Star Wars Saga campaign back home, who became a fan via TCW. She sounded like more of a fan than she actually was, and she is clueless in the campaign. NOW I BET THEY MISS ME!! /bitter

Star Wars isn't for everyone, though. My roommates, bless them, play along with my obsession, but they're definitely not fans, in the same way I don't like musicals that much or mainstream TV.

Last edited by Catika on Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rc1140.tumblr.com
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

Title : Daydream Wanderer
Number of posts : 340
Planet/System : Flitting between Tochin and Arus
Credits : 307
Rep : 61
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: People who don't know what Star Wars is...   People who don't know what Star Wars is... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:41 pm

I know of more people who just don't care. For example, I have a co-worker who said he tried to watch A New Hope (when it was simply called "Star Wars"), back when it first came out, and it made no sense to him. I think he said he never even watched the entire movie. Instead, he told me he has decided that he'll stick with Star Trek (the Original with William Shatner & Leonard Nemoy). Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/961915/Ms_MaraJade
Vio'Fais
Sergeant
Vio'Fais

Title : Robot Assassin
Number of posts : 59
Planet/System : Home is where the job sends you.
Credits : 43
Rep : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: People who don't know what Star Wars is...   People who don't know what Star Wars is... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:25 pm

I've actually met quite a few people who either haven't seen any of the movies or who have no interest in seeing them, though only one or two who haven't heard of Star Wars at all. It's a tad depressing, but hey...to each their own, right? I don't bother trying to "convert/enlighten" anyone but close friends anymore. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tracyn Ordo
Warrior
Tracyn Ordo

Title : The NZ Mando
Number of posts : 156
Planet/System : Manda'yaim
Credits : 156
Rep : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: People who don't know what Star Wars is...   People who don't know what Star Wars is... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 4:05 pm

Vio'Fais wrote:
I've actually met quite a few people who either haven't seen any of the movies or who have no interest in seeing them, though only one or two who haven't heard of Star Wars at all. It's a tad depressing, but hey...to each their own, right? I don't bother trying to "convert/enlighten" anyone but close friends anymore. Laughing
I'm in the same boat... Most people just dont really care
Back to top Go down
Gratulor's body
Warrior
Gratulor's body

Title : Mirsh'kyramud
Number of posts : 144
Planet/System : Fantasy land
Credits : 165
Rep : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: People who don't know what Star Wars is...   People who don't know what Star Wars is... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:45 am

Met more than I have fans, Icelanders don't exactly have a focused fanbase to relate to. Most of the people I've met simply say that Star Wars is over, and that it's just a movie - so they definitely don't care for them.
Back to top Go down
Ryler
Sergeant
Ryler

Title : Ambassador of the Wastes
Number of posts : 73
Planet/System : Endor
Credits : 74
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: People who don't know what Star Wars is...   People who don't know what Star Wars is... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 2:13 pm

Well I've only met two people who didn't know what Star Wars was (they were twins after all) and that was because they had just arrived in the states from Israel.

Now I have encountered a number of people who think Star Wars is quite stupid, and I've been berated many, many times for having not 'out-grown' it yet. You don't out grow Star Wars, its not like playing cards or other little kid fads. There is a very good reason its been around as long as it has been.
Back to top Go down
Catika
Vice Chief
Catika

Title : Medpack Dispenser
Number of posts : 349
Planet/System : Ord Mantell
Credits : 400
Rep : 65

PostSubject: Re: People who don't know what Star Wars is...   People who don't know what Star Wars is... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 1:33 pm

Ryler wrote:
Now I have encountered a number of people who think Star Wars is quite stupid, and I've been berated many, many times for having not 'out-grown' it yet. You don't out grow Star Wars, its not like playing cards or other little kid fads. There is a very good reason its been around as long as it has been.

Aww! You know what, everyone has to have some sort of hobby. Star Wars is a wonderful creative outlet for a lot of people (just look at everyone here!!). For someone to say it's stupid for you to like Star Wars is just rude.

I wear my Boba Fett shirt proudly around campus! If anyone makes fun of me I'll just laugh because 80% of the students here (if not more) just get brain cell-killing drunk 4 out of 7 days a week. Star Wars > Liver failure any day.
Back to top Go down
http://rc1140.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People who don't know what Star Wars is...   People who don't know what Star Wars is... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

People who don't know what Star Wars is...
Page 1 of 1