Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!
HomeFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Su'cuy...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Oryk
Tourist
avatar

Number of posts : 5
Credits : 6
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Su'cuy...   Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:47 am

Su'cuy, ner vode!

Ni cuy Kai Oryk be te aliit Oryk.

Hey, people, I saw (I think it was Daennika's?) a comment on DeviantArt for one of my friend's portraits of my character; when I clicked the link below the sig, little did I know, I was stumbling into a lair of ner vode!

Having finished reading 501st, a few weeks prior, it was the day after I got out of hospital that I found out that Kar'buir wasn't doing an IC #2 book. Sulking about the web, roleplaying Kai in a MMOPRG, I was looking for other Mando sities and I found that there were lots more Mando fans out there, some a lot more anti-Traviss than I had ever imagined.. the shame!

Anyway, as prompted, I'm saying hello to you all and hope I can get to know a lot more of ner vode as time goes on. If anyone ever fancies a wee chat on msn, then I can be found under Oryk@live.co.uk or rogue-hunter@hotmail.co.uk

Ijaa bal kote, ner vod!


Oryk


Last edited by Oryk on Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:16 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Only just noticed the sticky on rules regarding other sites; removed the MMORPG link, sorry.)
Back to top Go down
Gratulor's body
Warrior
avatar

Title : Mirsh'kyramud
Number of posts : 144
Planet/System : Fantasy land
Credits : 165
Rep : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Su'cuy...   Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:43 am

Oryk wrote:
Su'cuy, ner vode!

Ni cuy Kai Oryk be te aliit Oryk.

Hey, people, I saw (I think it was Daennika's?) a comment on DeviantArt for one of my friend's portraits of my character; when I clicked the link below the sig, little did I know, I was stumbling into a lair of ner vode!

Having finished reading 501st, a few weeks prior, it was the day after I got out of hospital that I found out that Kar'buir wasn't doing an IC #2 book. Sulking about the web, roleplaying Kai in a MMOPRG, I was looking for other Mando sities and I found that there were lots more Mando fans out there, some a lot more anti-Traviss than I had ever imagined.. the shame!

Anyway, as prompted, I'm saying hello to you all and hope I can get to know a lot more of ner vode as time goes on. If anyone ever fancies a wee chat on msn, then I can be found under Oryk@live.co.uk or rogue-hunter@hotmail.co.uk

Ijaa bal kote, ner vod!


Oryk

Welcome to the lair bro! Traviss has left us, but our love for her hasn't. She's not going to leave the writing world in the predictable future.

You're in the UK? From where? Visit the UK regularly myself.
Back to top Go down
Oryk
Tourist
avatar

Number of posts : 5
Credits : 6
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Su'cuy...   Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:48 am

Yeah, I was born and live in Scotland. I concur, my love for her work will stand the test of time, even when Denning buggered up Manda'yaim, Kar'buir fixed it. I'll leave that there, since I don't want to ruin much else of the newest novel, in case no-one's read it yet.
Back to top Go down
Gratulor's body
Warrior
avatar

Title : Mirsh'kyramud
Number of posts : 144
Planet/System : Fantasy land
Credits : 165
Rep : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: !!   Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:30 pm

Oryk wrote:
Yeah, I was born and live in Scotland. I concur, my love for her work will stand the test of time, even when Denning buggered up Manda'yaim, Kar'buir fixed it. I'll leave that there, since I don't want to ruin much else of the newest novel, in case no-one's read it yet.

Nice! I visit Scotland every other year, got family near Forfar. Where are you from?

I love Denning's Mandalorians personally, but my favourite is John Jackson Miller's Mando'ade. His storytelling is so great, leaving mysteries behind and plays on stereotypes so greatly. Rohlan the Questioner, Demagol the butcher and Cassus the deceiver - he creates these wonderful characters and makes them so unique.

Mando'ade ├╝ber alles! Cool
Back to top Go down
Daennika
Chief
avatar

Title : Top Douche in charge
Number of posts : 483
Planet/System : Sol, Outer Rim
Credits : 553
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Su'cuy...   Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:33 pm

That's a really cool name, Oryk!

Welcome to MB, I missed you earlier in the Chatbox but that's bound to happen. We hope to be a little more active around the holidays and vacation, this place is lots of fun when people actually show up!

Best wishes for a healthy recovery, you did a good thing signing up here cause it's a great way to connect and make new mando friends.

You can take the time to post your impressions on "501st" in this thread
Back to top Go down
http://daesaurus.tumblr.com/
Catika
Vice Chief
avatar

Title : Medpack Dispenser
Number of posts : 349
Planet/System : Ord Mantell
Credits : 400
Rep : 65
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Su'cuy...   Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:31 pm

Welcome to the boards Oryk!! Hope to see you around lots in the chatbox. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rc1140.tumblr.com
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
avatar

Title : Daydream Wanderer
Number of posts : 340
Planet/System : Flitting between Tochin and Arus
Credits : 307
Rep : 61
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Su'cuy...   Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Welcome, Oryk! cheers

Wow, Scotland! If only you typed in the accent... (*sighs in a "fangirl" way*)

Anyway, welcome aboard! I like to think we're a pretty good group, and I can't say that there is really any Traviss bashing here...consider yourself amongst friends. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/961915/Ms_MaraJade
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior
avatar

Title : "The Rancor"
Number of posts : 308
Planet/System : Gallifrey
Credits : 304
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Su'cuy...   Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:22 pm

Ms.MaraJade wrote:
Wow, Scotland! If only you typed in the accent... (*sighs in a "fangirl" way*)

Well they did say "wee" and "buggered." XD

Also, welcome to you Oryk! (:
Back to top Go down
http://meshlaruni.deviantart.com/
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
avatar

Title : Daydream Wanderer
Number of posts : 340
Planet/System : Flitting between Tochin and Arus
Credits : 307
Rep : 61
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Su'cuy...   Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:19 am

Quote :
Well they did say "wee" and "buggered." XD

Yeah, it's so...*ah*...adorable. Laughing

Okay, don't want to hijack the thread anymore with my moment of frivolity. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/961915/Ms_MaraJade
Oryk
Tourist
avatar

Number of posts : 5
Credits : 6
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Su'cuy...   Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:40 pm

Ori'vor'e par te morutar, ner vode.

It's great to see a vibrant community, hopefully I'll be able to get to know you in time and who knows, we may be fighting alongside each other in battle (in RP) very soon!

Daennika, thanks for the complement - I was sitting around one day, trying to come up with a unique "Star Warsy" name, which was nothing like Starstroker or the like and after a while (and numerous letters of the alphabet crammed together in odd fashions), Kai Oryk was forged. Like a Star @ heaven

Mara, yes I do have the accent - something I'm rather proud of, since it has it's own, unique sound in a myriad of others.

Again, thanks for the welcome. I'll probably point a few of my vode this way too, since they're also a bit Mandokarla.

P.s. I'll give the chatbox a whizz shortly. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Vio'Fais
Sergeant
avatar

Title : Robot Assassin
Number of posts : 59
Planet/System : Home is where the job sends you.
Credits : 43
Rep : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Su'cuy...   Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:22 pm

Welcome to the forum, Oryk!

I lived in Scotland way back when, but I was just a wee lass at the time. I do remember that it smelled nice, though! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Su'cuy...   

Back to top Go down
 
Su'cuy...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: What are you doing here? :: Who the heck are you?-
Jump to: