Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Celebration V

Go down 
+2
Ms.MaraJade
Mesh'la Runi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior
Mesh'la Runi

Title : "The Rancor"
Number of posts : 308
Planet/System : Gallifrey
Credits : 304
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-06-04

Celebration V Empty
PostSubject: Celebration V   Celebration V I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:20 am

So as not to hijack Dae's thread about the Clone Wars, I've started this thread so we can continue or add to our conversation(s) concerning this year's Star Wars convention in Orlando, Florida.

Official Website: http://www.starwarscelebration.com/

MMJ and Dose have both mentioned that they'll be there, and I'm certainly looking into purchasing tickets a some point in the near future. Anyone else think they might show up?
Back to top Go down
http://meshlaruni.deviantart.com/
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

Title : Daydream Wanderer
Number of posts : 340
Planet/System : Flitting between Tochin and Arus
Credits : 307
Rep : 61
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Celebration V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Celebration V I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 2:09 pm

Thanks for the new thread, Mesh'la!

Yes, meeting up with whoever from these boards can attend would be most magnificent! cheers

Quote :
c5 is about 60 minutes from my house, I'll most likely hop over on that saturday Should be fun, I know a bunch of Mandalorian Mercs members are going and several of my Mandalorian gaming clan are aswell. Should be tons of mando fun.

lol If you see a guy pushing around a pink and brown stroller thats me, my daughter will be like 5 months old then lol... shes so getting an iron on Mandalorian onsie for C5.

Awwww...DOSE: Early congratulations! I'd bring my 3-year old, but he'd be so bored at a Star Wars convention. Maybe if it was Thomas the Tank Engine, however... Wink Anyway, I would be very happy to meet up with you and your family, too!

I'll be in attendance all 4 days with my husband and my older brother while at some point meeting up with my high school friend. If anyone is interested, we booked at the EconoLodge BEFORE the prices went up. They're now offering $65/night before taxes whereas we booked before the "deals" were made and got the room for $42/night...WITH taxes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/961915/Ms_MaraJade
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior
Mesh'la Runi

Celebration V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Celebration V I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:21 pm

So, I don't know much about the Celebrations other than it's just a huge fan gathering that lasts four days and has famous guests and shops. Does anyone know if they have different things each day? I'm just trying to justify paying for all four days, and if I don't buy the four-day pass, which day(s) I should purchase.
Back to top Go down
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

Celebration V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Celebration V I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:38 pm

I've never attended any of the Celebrations before either. However, I do know that a lot of time is lost while sitting in lines waiting for autographs and pictures. I also know that the official site hasn't posted anything yet for panels, guests, and the like. We got the 4-day passes because we're driving (yes driving...I don't fly Laughing ) down from NJ, and we figure what we miss on any given day we'll have the opportunity to catch up with on another day.

If C5 is anything like the stories I've heard from those who attend Dragon*Con, it's a nutty, fun time. Wink

Absolutely, if I hear anything specific, I'll be sure to pass it along!
Back to top Go down
Ryler
Sergeant
Ryler

Title : Ambassador of the Wastes
Number of posts : 73
Planet/System : Endor
Credits : 74
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Celebration V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Celebration V I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Wish I could go, but alas it is a distance too great.
Back to top Go down
Zacic Volkshed
Sergeant
Zacic Volkshed

Title : The TreadMaster
Number of posts : 80
Planet/System : Columus
Credits : 75
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Celebration V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Celebration V I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:44 pm

uuurg same here, waaay to far away for me
Back to top Go down
DoseOrdo
Warrior
DoseOrdo

Title : I is Mandalore?
Number of posts : 181
Planet/System : Space, the final frontier... These are... wait what? wrong fan page?
Credits : 169
Rep : 6
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Celebration V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Celebration V I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 7:32 am

got two ticket for sunday! I may also swing by friday if theres anything going on with Mando or Merc members, gonna play that by ear.
Back to top Go down
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

Celebration V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Celebration V I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 7:14 pm

Planning to attend all 4 days. Anyone have any ideas yet when/where/how to get together so we can finally meet in person?

Wow...only about 3 weeks left until C5!!
Back to top Go down
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior
Mesh'la Runi

Celebration V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Celebration V I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:29 pm

Ms.MaraJade wrote:
Planning to attend all 4 days. Anyone have any ideas yet when/where/how to get together so we can finally meet in person?

Wow...only about 3 weeks left until C5!!

No idea! It's gonna be so packed, lol. I've just been gathering phone numbers of friends of mine that I know are going so I can text and find them while there, but that's about it. I wish I could dress up. Doesn't look like that's gonna happen now. Sad
Back to top Go down
Tracyn Ordo
Warrior
Tracyn Ordo

Title : The NZ Mando
Number of posts : 156
Planet/System : Manda'yaim
Credits : 156
Rep : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-22

Celebration V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Celebration V I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:45 pm

Ryler wrote:
Wish I could go, but alas it is a distance too great.
HA! You think you have a problem. Try living in New Zealand and wanting to go Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
DoseOrdo
Warrior
DoseOrdo

Planet/System : Space, the final frontier... These are... wait what? wrong fan page?

Celebration V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Celebration V I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 8:54 am

Mesh'la Runi wrote:
I wish I could dress up. Doesn't look like that's gonna happen now. Sad

I only have a helmet lol, I think I'll bring as I was supose to ship it to Lucas McCoy for some work months ago... and I may just give it to him there lol

I'll be with the fiance and the baby so I dont plan on fully geeking out and scaring them away Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior
Mesh'la Runi

Celebration V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Celebration V I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:09 am

DoseOrdo wrote:
I only have a helmet lol
I was tempted to be the opposite and just buy the plates off of Ebay. There's someone there who sells metal plates for 60 bucks. I'd be lacking the helmet, but I'd still be identifiably Mando, lol.
Back to top Go down
DoseOrdo
Warrior
DoseOrdo

Celebration V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Celebration V I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:53 am

Mesh'la Runi wrote:
DoseOrdo wrote:
I only have a helmet lol
I was tempted to be the opposite and just buy the plates off of Ebay. There's someone there who sells metal plates for 60 bucks. I'd be lacking the helmet, but I'd still be identifiably Mando, lol.

metal plates for only 60 bucks? got a link? Lucas offered to make me plates out of sentra, and repaint my helmet because for the life of me I cant find the propper tan. I've never shipped anything though so never got around to working it all out.
Back to top Go down
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior
Mesh'la Runi

Celebration V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Celebration V I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:35 pm

DoseOrdo wrote:
metal plates for only 60 bucks? got a link? Lucas offered to make me plates out of sentra, and repaint my helmet because for the life of me I cant find the proper tan. I've never shipped anything though so never got around to working it all out.

My bad, it was $65. But that's only for the youth/women size.

-Youth/Women

-Partial Plates

-Adult Armor
Back to top Go down
DoseOrdo
Warrior
DoseOrdo

Celebration V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Celebration V I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:36 pm

Anyone go? I went sunday and had a blast.
Back to top Go down
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

Celebration V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Celebration V I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:15 pm

Wrote this in another CV thread, but here's what I had to say...

I was there! I had a blast and enjoyed all 4 days of the convention. I actually *cried* that it was over. CV was the first convention I attended of any kind, and I can only hope that if/when C6 comes around, I'll be able to attend that one, too.

In the George Lucas/Jon Stewart interview, they gave a clip of the missing Return of the Jedi scene that will be added in after it goes to Blu-Ray next year. The scene is really small, but it shows Luke finishing his lightsaber prior to the trip to Jabba's palace. They also had a couple clips from the upcoming Star Wars Clone Wars Season 3, in which GL explained that his daughter wrote a couple of the episodes.

The One Man Star Wars show was completely awesome!! I laughed the entire time.

I also attended the Disney "Last Tour to Endor." It was a cute, but fun night, and there was quite a huge turn out of fans from the convention. There was a 10-minute fireworks display done in synch to music and dialogue from the movies, and I thought it was VERY well done. They also redid the Indiana Jones Stunt Show to bring in the Star Wars characters. It was very amusing, and also done in good taste. At the end of the night, they closed out the festivities with demolishing a part of the Star Tours ride. According to the people around me, a section of the roof was detonated and blown apart because the ride will continue going until September and they couldn't destroy too much of it.

Thursday-Friday were pretty calm as far as crowds go. Saturday was the biggest turn out, and Sunday was extremely mild.

Again, if the opportunity arose to do this again, I'd be all over it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Celebration V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Celebration V I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Celebration V
Page 1 of 1