Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I do it for the lulz.

Go down 
+2
Mesh'la Runi
Catika
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Catika
Vice Chief
Catika

Title : Medpack Dispenser
Number of posts : 349
Planet/System : Ord Mantell
Credits : 400
Rep : 65
Registration date : 2009-03-16

I do it for the lulz. Empty
PostSubject: I do it for the lulz.   I do it for the lulz. I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 6:17 pm

I've got this ridiculous Star Wars RPG on GaiaOnline (the slumbitch of Internet forums) where I'm playing my Star Wars DnD campaign character's son, and he's a Jedi Mando who goes on adventures with a quirky group of mercenaries.

I had a guy PM me about wanting to play Mandalore. I thought in light of recent events it would be a funny read. Note how he changes his spelling after he sees how I spell it. That's better than I can say for this Twi'lek chick, who spells Coruscant "Courasant", even though I spell it correctly repeatedly.

Anyway.

"Mandolor"

Hey i was wondering if you were still accepting people for your star wars RP. If so then i wanted to ask if my character could be the Mand'alor, or during the course of the RP become Mand'alor. Which ever one works better with the plot i would be glad to go with.

(P.S i know my character looks like a Noob ,but i''m just trying to lay low on my main)

Me, The Best GM Ever

I'm trying to decide what I think about having Mand'alor around. Were you planning on leading the Mandalorians or something? I'm trying to keep all of the characters working together in one group so the plots run easier, especially because I'm going to run the game in an episodic sort of way, with plots coming in and out and a lot of traveling by the group.

I'd say, if he IS Mand'alor, there could be some reason he's traveling with the group (trying to be diplomatic with the Jedi? or he's trying to convert them into Mandalorians? haha). Or he could eventually become Mand'alor, and that would be a plot that the group could play along with or something.

Also, I would sort of like to see a writing sample, if that's okay. Mand'alor is a huge deal and I can't give it away to just anybody.

Let me know!

- Slarjen

"Mandolor"

Yeh i could see him traveling with the group so he could collect fame so he could become Mand'alor. That would probably make more sense and allow me to work my character into the story.

As for writing sample, just did this one in spur of the moment. And it has been a little while so bare with me lol.

Only one name ran through his head,’’ Mand'alor’’. He knew it was the only thing that mattered in his life, it was his very existence. Every bone in his body told him no matter what keep moving forward slowing down was not an option. His bloodline demanded that he be no less than the best, the word losing would never cross his lips.....

The doors to the stadium opened and out stepped Solus, a born warrior. His eyes glanced around the large stadium where thousands upon thousands of spectators sat and talked amongst themselves waiting for this main event. Their attention left each other and focused now to the ring, which was reminiscent of the old gladiator days. Today would be a true test of the Solus skills, facing the reigning champion of this arena. However, his desire for the fight did not flicker for a second it only increased as did his adrenaline. The antique Mandalorian gladiator armor he wore felt slightly lighter today then usually. In his right hand he clutched Mythosaur axe, and object that took him most of his life to acquire. Solus attention now went to the giant doors opposite of him, around 180ft away from him, which started to open. The crowd went into an immediate roar for their returning champion, the doors finally completely opened and there stood Jung, a Taung, the same race as Solus. That however did not matter Solus’s resolve remained the same, '’Win’’.

---

At this point I was like Oh dear GOD. Spare me this plagiarized bullshit.

---

Me

While there was fine writing in this sample, I have to say that I recognize the entire idea of it from the Old Republic previews. The lack of originality is what leads me to decline your request to be Mand'alor. What I would rather have, however, is a Mandalorian with the aspirations to want to be Mand'alor. I won't guarantee that it will happen, but there can certainly be leadership opportunities.

Let me know what you think.

- Slarjen

"Mandolor"

Are you talking about knights of the old republic? If so i haven't played any of those games, i was still on the PS2 when they came out and never got around to playing them. If you not talking about them, then i am completely lost lol.

Anyway yeh im cool with that idea, ill probably either send you my profile either late today or Friday. I have this essay i''m writing and was hoping to finish up tonight, so mostly likely Friday.who knows maybe ill get lucky and finish early.

---

Maybe he heard the idea from someone else, who stole it from TOR. But that's still copying.

---

Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udJMUyD8faA This video was released last summer about BioWare's upcoming MMORPG, The Old Republic, which hasn't been released yet. At 1:40 you'll see what I'm referring to.

Sounds good to me, I'll post it in the main thread whenever you get it to me.

---

I've given up on being nice to these guys. The game died in December when I decided I had better things to do with my life, and two of the players stole the game and started running it. I got a mass PM saying "We're reviving the game, let me know if you want to keep your old character."

I let them know something, that's for sure.

So what Internet babble are you guys getting into?
Back to top Go down
http://rc1140.tumblr.com
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior
Mesh'la Runi

Title : "The Rancor"
Number of posts : 308
Planet/System : Gallifrey
Credits : 304
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: I do it for the lulz.   I do it for the lulz. I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:36 pm

Hahaha, oh man. Definitely no stranger to osik like that.

Personally, I finally got back into RPing online, and joined a zombie-apocalypse type RP here.

Just decided to get into something different. It's funny, because I'm more or less playing myself, so the story is easy to write/remember. XD
Back to top Go down
http://meshlaruni.deviantart.com/
DoseOrdo
Warrior
DoseOrdo

Title : I is Mandalore?
Number of posts : 181
Planet/System : Space, the final frontier... These are... wait what? wrong fan page?
Credits : 169
Rep : 6
Registration date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: I do it for the lulz.   I do it for the lulz. I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 8:45 am

as the leader of the largest Mandalorian RP guild, I see this crap all the time. being based in the Star Wars Galaxies MMO for the time being we focus around the new hope area. I cant tell you how often I get Boba Fetts long lost cousin, A rouge clone trooper trained by Kal Skirata, or one of the many other cookie cutter story lines straight from SW lore. Many times I simply tell them they need to either come up with a very good and different explenation for it, or change it lol.

*I know I shouldnt have much room judge someone rocking the Fett name when I have Ordo over my head, but 6 years ago when I started no one knew much about Canderous.*
Back to top Go down
Tracyn Ordo
Warrior
Tracyn Ordo

Title : The NZ Mando
Number of posts : 156
Planet/System : Manda'yaim
Credits : 156
Rep : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: I do it for the lulz.   I do it for the lulz. I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 2:34 pm

DoseOrdo wrote:

*I know I shouldnt have much room judge someone rocking the Fett name when I have Ordo over my head, but 6 years ago when I started no one knew much about Canderous.*
Also Fett is only really a name that has emerged (in galaxy) since Jango, but the name Ordo goes all the way back to the kotor era, so Ordo is a name that will have 'spread' for lack of a better word as time passed.

EDIT: Nope I lie, the Fett name goes back to Cassus Fett in the kotor era aswell. However the ridiculous stories about Boba's long lost cousin are just that, however I personally don't feel you should judge someone on the last name they choose for their character.
Back to top Go down
Catika
Vice Chief
Catika

PostSubject: Re: I do it for the lulz.   I do it for the lulz. I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 2:43 pm

When I first started the game on Gaia last September, I was HOPING for the dumbies with unoriginal plots, bad writing, and ridiculous concepts. That's why I have a "Jedi" on the team who is an originally-created humanoid species whose eyes change color according to his mood and he can also turn into a moth creature.

HILARIOUS.

This time around, though, I'm being picky, and I even put a stipulation on the application that says all players must understand the proper conventions of English, including punctuation, grammar, and spelling. That's worked out pretty well so far.

I MEANT TO TELL YOU GUYS!! In October, this girl joined who was a Sith abomination (basically ... a Sith orc?) MANDALORIAN ... GHOST. She was never seen without her armor because if she took it off she would turn into vapor. She also played the "I'm so evil" card every 5 seconds. She tried to kill every new person that showed up, and she was moody, and she yelled at me if too much plot happened while she was gone. Ah, she was a treat. Smile
Back to top Go down
Daennika
Chief
Daennika

Title : Top Douche in charge
Number of posts : 483
Planet/System : Sol, Outer Rim
Credits : 553
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: I do it for the lulz.   I do it for the lulz. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 2:40 am

HAHA why have I not checked this thread any sooner? This was a delight, Cat. The "Sith Orc Abomination Mando" made my morning. And Mandolor... A power-thirsty former slave is just what everyone needs. I kind of resent BioWare for writing that gladiator story.

On my end of things, I've been dealing with over-enthused fans who want their not-so-interesting characters drawn. What makes me laugh is every time I get a "Human Jedi in his early twenties" backed up with 4 paragraphs of backstory, but no visual indications.

I'll spare you details on the "pure blood mandalorian smuggler" or the "Christian Trooper that fights for Jesus" requests.

I confess now that I would rather make drawings for old friends who are working hard on their fanfic character than have new characters that make no sense.
Back to top Go down
http://daesaurus.tumblr.com/
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior
Mesh'la Runi

Title : "The Rancor"
Number of posts : 308
Planet/System : Gallifrey
Credits : 304
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: I do it for the lulz.   I do it for the lulz. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:18 am

Daennika wrote:
"Christian Trooper that fights for Jesus"

Bahahahaha. Oh wow.
Back to top Go down
http://meshlaruni.deviantart.com/
Catika
Vice Chief
Catika

PostSubject: Re: I do it for the lulz.   I do it for the lulz. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 10:22 pm

Dae. I can't stop thinking about Mandalorians and Jesus, and how it makes absolutely no sense. Mandalorians are nothing like Jesus. Oh man. Hilarity. Very Happy

Nothing fun has happened in my RPG because I gave up on it. Again. It's summer and I want to work on my own damn writing!

In better news, I will be playing Cael the gay Arkanian drug lord pharmacist in a DnD campaign with my drinking-age friends, so that should be fun.as.hell.
Back to top Go down
DoseOrdo
Warrior
DoseOrdo

Planet/System : Space, the final frontier... These are... wait what? wrong fan page?

PostSubject: Re: I do it for the lulz.   I do it for the lulz. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 2:40 pm

are these like forum based RP storyline games your talking about or is their actually an RPG with controlable avatars and such?

lol as for the lulz people, everytime I see a request on the TOR forums for a Mandalorian Jedi Pirate assassin I wasnt to punch someone through the monitor. You see this stuff on just about every SW website, people watching is half the fun.
Back to top Go down
Catika
Vice Chief
Catika

PostSubject: Re: I do it for the lulz.   I do it for the lulz. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:03 pm

It's storyline based, Dose. Smile

Lame, uncreative, 11 year olds are the best on the Internet. I can say that because I used to be one. <3
Back to top Go down
DoseOrdo
Warrior
DoseOrdo

PostSubject: Re: I do it for the lulz.   I do it for the lulz. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:12 pm

ever try secondlife? I know its got some major pervs there but could be a good way to "act out" some of the RP visually. Just stay out of the Furry sims! lol

I enjoy creating the characters and seeing some of the environment but it lacks a combat system required by my gaming needs.
Back to top Go down
Dha'Aden
Warrior
Dha'Aden

Title : Gun for hire
Number of posts : 145
Planet/System : Somewhere on Dxun...I think
Credits : 176
Rep : 9
Registration date : 2009-04-24

PostSubject: Re: I do it for the lulz.   I do it for the lulz. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:38 am

*Should really look at the TOR forums more often*

Hey Dose so you're in SWG? I have/had a char on Far Star/Star Sider called Juhne Kyja who was a mando for rp,
not sure if we've ever met?

Anyways...moving along metn some pretty interesting people in real life when doing Star Wars Role play games, had a guy ask me once if he could be the ghost of luke skywalker scratch in my KOTOR all mando campaign.....note the KOTOR and all mando parts first please.... confused

I guess alot of people want to play a ready made character instead of their own unique one.

Back to top Go down
Catika
Vice Chief
Catika

PostSubject: Re: I do it for the lulz.   I do it for the lulz. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:10 pm

Aden, that's freakin hilarious. He's like... a time traveling ghost. If I wasn't taking my game seriously, I would allow it. FOR THE LULZ.

So, update. I joined a Clone Wars era game, and I'm playing my ARC Trooper Harsh. *squishes him* Some girl made a post, and she is a bounty HUNTRESS (she says huntress about 100 times between her profile and her posts) wearing clone armor and pretending to be a clone in a regiment or something.

She is also 23 years old, and in her profile under "Careers", she is listed as ex-Republic Guard, ex-Republic navy, and Ex-501st Legion. ...how? I asked her how long she served in each of those divisions and she never answered.

I also pointed out that I was an avid clone fan and couldn't quite believe that an outsider could get away with melding in a clone army, considering they all grew up together for 10 years on Kamino. Also. SHE'S FEMALE. DON'T YOU THINK THESE SEXUALLY DEPRIVED MEN COULD SMELL ESTROGEN FROM A MILE AWAY?

She said "Oh you're right, she's going to get found out soon." In my head I'm thinking, SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN FOUND OUT ON THE TRANSPORT TO THE PLANET. BUT FINE.

Then she says: "Though I don't agree with you on that they all spend 10 years together, the Clone Commandos grew up separately in groups of round about four Clones. Regular Clones might pick up on Remy eventually, but they won't suspect anything fishy until they're given a reason."

One, that doesn't make any sense. Commando, trooper, janitor, WHATEVER, they were all on Kamino. Two, DON'T TELL ME THAT I DON'T KNOW THINGS ABOUT THE GAR.

Just ask Dae. I know everything about clones. I LOVE THEM.

So yeah. Idiots on the internet. <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I do it for the lulz.   I do it for the lulz. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I do it for the lulz.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: What are you doing here? :: Just chatting-
Jump to: