Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favorite RepCom character!

Go down 
+22
Snazzy
Ryler
ForestRaptor
RC-2017
Anecdote
Naas Atiniir
Dha'Aden
JadenSkirata
Cody MacArthur Fett
Jodo Kam
Douglas Fett
Ms.MaraJade
Sev Fett
Gratulor's body
Alseides_Lakur
Revan
Kote
Kex Beziar
Tenna
Daennika
mandomemory
Catika
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Who is your favorite RepCom character?
From Omega Squad
Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
From Delta Squad
Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap16%Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 6 ]
Nulls
Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 8 ]
Troopers
Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Etain Tur-Maken
Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Bardan Jusik
Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Kal Skirata
Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap16%Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 6 ]
Walon Vau
Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap18%Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 7 ]
Besany Wennen
 3% [ 1 ]
Other
Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
Naas Atiniir
Tourist
Naas Atiniir

Number of posts : 13
Planet/System : Depends on the season; mostly Mandalore?
Credits : 12
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite RepCom character!   Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:33 am

This was almost a tough decision... Almost.

I went with Bardan Jusik. He's just that cool, I suppose. I'm not good at explaining things, but Bardan is so... Jedi-like, I suppose. Even after he leaves the order, he still carries the ideals that a Jedi should. He helps people that need helping, but he doesn't just help others or himself specifically. He's not stuck up; he's not selfish, but he is loyal to Skirata who's like a father to him. The character of Bardan was well written, or at least I like to think so, and even though he was a Jedi, he brought up the courage to leave the Order and embrace, so to say, a better culture.

I like to think it's better, anyway.

I know it's a little strange to say those things about a former Jedi, but I think Bardan/the Skirata clan are a great example of the Mandalorian spirit, and culture, and how accepting they can be of people that originated from different cultures, religions, cults, or whatever or wherever they came from.

Phew; I retyped that a couple times. It's not perfect, but I'll roll with it. *posts*

-Naas
Back to top Go down
Daennika
Chief
Daennika

Title : Top Douche in charge
Number of posts : 483
Planet/System : Sol, Outer Rim
Credits : 553
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite RepCom character!   Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 5:43 am

Naas Atiniir wrote:
This was almost a tough decision... Almost.

I went with Bardan Jusik. He's just that cool, I suppose. I'm not good at explaining things, but Bardan is so... Jedi-like, I suppose. Even after he leaves the order, he still carries the ideals that a Jedi should. He helps people that need helping, but he doesn't just help others or himself specifically. He's not stuck up; he's not selfish, but he is loyal to Skirata who's like a father to him. The character of Bardan was well written, or at least I like to think so, and even though he was a Jedi, he brought up the courage to leave the Order and embrace, so to say, a better culture.

I like to think it's better, anyway.

I know it's a little strange to say those things about a former Jedi, but I think Bardan/the Skirata clan are a great example of the Mandalorian spirit, and culture, and how accepting they can be of people that originated from different cultures, religions, cults, or whatever or wherever they came from.
You have expressed this better than I could Very Happy

The thing about Bardan (unlike any other characters in the RepCom novels) is that he places his principles and morals above all else, and you'd expect a Mandalorian would do the same. Since he's lonely and not "attached" to anyone in particular that allows him to sacrifice his own interests as a person in order to help all others. He is basically an under-appreciated asset in the Skirata clan which is why Traviss makes the other characters mention him now and then to praise his skills.
Back to top Go down
http://daesaurus.tumblr.com/
Dha'Aden
Warrior
Dha'Aden

Title : Gun for hire
Number of posts : 145
Planet/System : Somewhere on Dxun...I think
Credits : 176
Rep : 9
Registration date : 2009-04-24

PostSubject: Agreed   Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 8:54 am

Bardan is great, he's more of a Jedi than the whole wanna be council lol, that and now he's a mando which is even better Very Happy

(no offense meant just that they haven't made the brightest decisions and always seem to get themselves killed o.O)

Last edited by Dha'Aden on Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anecdote
Strong Arm
Anecdote

Title : Molotov over here!
Number of posts : 174
Planet/System : Corellia
Credits : 195
Rep : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite RepCom character!   Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 11:32 pm

This was kind of hard, and this might sound like a copout, but I can't choose between two Nulls.
I voted for... Ordo/Mereel. The way I see it, they're opposite sides of the same coin.

Don't get me wrong, I like all Nulls in general. But Ordo is kind of like the head guy, the oldest brother in a close knit group of siblings. He's level headed, serious, and somewhat socially awkward. Mereel is something of the opposite- a risk taker, yet easy going, and a total ladies' man. The two brothers seem to be especially close to one another, despite the differences in personality.

And I feel as though I understand their psychological issues. Maybe that's a foolish assumption, but I've always had an easier time relating to the so-called "crazies."
Back to top Go down
RC-2017
Sergeant

Title : Just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe.
Number of posts : 67
Planet/System : The shipyards, Sol system
Credits : 88
Rep : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite RepCom character!   Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 6:26 am

Mereel. He's a smooth operator, fears very little, smart as paint, and to round it out, is gifted with dealing with with the fairer sex. Mereel rocks
Back to top Go down
ForestRaptor
Sergeant
ForestRaptor

Title : Mando'ad
Number of posts : 91
Credits : 94
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite RepCom character!   Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 1:11 pm

I'm a Delta's man and it's because of both Sev and Scorch. I'll add to this later on when my thoughts are in place, right now my head is floating somewhere between the moon and Manda'yaim.

[claims the page in the name of Sev and Scorch!]
Back to top Go down
Ryler
Sergeant
Ryler

Title : Ambassador of the Wastes
Number of posts : 73
Planet/System : Endor
Credits : 74
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite RepCom character!   Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:32 pm

This is such a hard one, I love them all too much, but I'm gonna say those rambunctious little Nulls because of all the delightfully naughty things they get into with such innocence like the little boys they really are. Of course Ordo out of the nulls.

Runners up were Bardan, Skitara, and Mird
Back to top Go down
Snazzy
Tourist
Snazzy

Number of posts : 8
Planet/System : Where ever the solar winds take me.
Credits : 8
Registration date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite RepCom character!   Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:44 am

<3 Skirata.
Back to top Go down
Dad'kida
Lurker
Dad'kida

Number of posts : 3
Credits : 3
Registration date : 2009-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite RepCom character!   Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:11 pm

Besany

Shes hardcore!

She basiclly went from our kind of lifestyle (nice house, 8 hours of sleep, desk job) and gave it up to be a True Mando Wife.

You can't get more hardcore than that.
Back to top Go down
Tracyn Ordo
Warrior
Tracyn Ordo

Title : The NZ Mando
Number of posts : 156
Planet/System : Manda'yaim
Credits : 156
Rep : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite RepCom character!   Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 9:51 pm

Personally I would have to say Vau is my favourite. On the exterior he is a brutal, tough ans nails, stereotypical mando, yet on the inside he really does care about his men, even if he does have an odd way of showing it!
Back to top Go down
Daennika
Chief
Daennika

Title : Top Douche in charge
Number of posts : 483
Planet/System : Sol, Outer Rim
Credits : 553
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite RepCom character!   Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 2:42 am

Dad'kida wrote:
Besany

Shes hardcore!

She basiclly went from our kind of lifestyle (nice house, 8 hours of sleep, desk job) and gave it up to be a True Mando Wife.

You can't get more hardcore than that.
"True Mando Wife"

I don't know if I should either laugh or punch you in the nose for putting it that way. Probably you meant to express something strong about a character suddenly taking a different turn in life, following the man she loves but your poor choice of words took you down a bumpy road.

There is no such thing as a "true mando", you're just mando when you accept the lifestyle and follow its rules. And there is nothing hardcore about being a WIFE. But what do I know, maybe you see things differently from your own experiences and how you related to Besany.

My point is: a woman can be a Mandalorian, get married, and still be her own person without having to be referred to as "wife of..." As a female and generally independant individual this is a matter of self-respect and responsibility in a majorly male environment.

Besany's a great character, but the way Traviss presented her really upset me, same goes for most of her other female characters. Her mando society even though they don't distinguish gender in their language, is presented as a "primitive" structure that I don't approve. A mando's a mando, being a wife or husband changes or adds nothing to that.

By the way welcome to MandoBoard Very Happy Don't forget to introduce yourself here
Back to top Go down
http://daesaurus.tumblr.com/
Anecdote
Strong Arm
Anecdote

Title : Molotov over here!
Number of posts : 174
Planet/System : Corellia
Credits : 195
Rep : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite RepCom character!   Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 8:32 am

A little off topic, but in regards with what Dae mentioned, I wouldn't say it was a deliberate offense. More like, it's a prime example of unconscious discrimination. That is, like in the gaming world, not an outright attempt to offend or suppress a group of people (in this case, women), but a total inability to consider them at all.

Kind of like how fanservice isn't meant to be offensive, they just didn't think too closely on it.

Or how Bioware has limited resources in Mass Effect, so all alien races except for the monogendered blue boobed aliens are all male and will persist in being only male for the duration of the franchise. Not meant to be an offense, but seems to turn out that way.
Back to top Go down
Dar Kyram
Strong Arm
Dar Kyram

Title : I am the Skull King. ...and the new mascot.
Number of posts : 42
Credits : 67
Rep : 6
Registration date : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite RepCom character!   Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 9:41 am

I clicked "other" because unfortunately Ghez Hokan was not a selected character.

Why didn't I choose one of the other over glorified characters? Because in my eyes, Ghez Hokan was more along the lines of an interesting Mandalorian than the rest.

He was vicious, he was mean, he wasn't someone given the spot light and not someone you wanted to be buddies with. I mean, he was pretty much kicked out of Deathwatch because he waws too ruthless and blood thirsty. That's pretty bad when the Deathwatch doesn't want you! That's like getting kicked out of an 80's rock band 'cause you do too much drugs! Walon Vau was a close second, but he was in too close with the spot light main characters and thus glorified as well.

My point being is, after reading the books and getting saturated with her Mandalorian love from the Legacy of the Force books, I got fed up real quick with all her main characters. They're all "so awesome and bad-ass and perfect" that, honestly,makes them boring.

So I have to say, Ghez Hokan is someone I'd like to read more about because he seems more interesting to me. But I'm also biased because I'm into that fringe, gray area characters.
Back to top Go down
Cando Pax
Tourist

Number of posts : 13
Credits : 11
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite RepCom character!   Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:31 pm

I clicked Walon Vau not because I like him, but because of...Mird.

I mean, it's a Mandalorian's pet, they have to be more rutheless than the Mandalorian himself. Plus, everyone needs a companion. So, having Mird around shows that Walon has more interesting back story and inner emotions than anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite RepCom character!   Your favorite RepCom character! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favorite RepCom character!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2