Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!
HomeFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

hello again

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zacic Volkshed
Sergeant

Title : The TreadMaster
Number of posts : 80
Planet/System : Columus
Credits : 75
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: hello again   Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:59 am

hello eveyone!! new and old, Ive been away so long!
Back to top Go down
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior

Title : "The Rancor"
Number of posts : 308
Planet/System : Gallifrey
Credits : 304
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: hello again   Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:01 am

Back to top Go down
http://meshlaruni.deviantart.com/
Tracyn Ordo
Warrior

Title : The NZ Mando
Number of posts : 156
Planet/System : Manda'yaim
Credits : 156
Rep : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: hello again   Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:49 am

Zacic! How have you been ner vod?
Hope life has been treating you well
Back to top Go down
Zacic Volkshed
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: hello again   Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:45 am

I have been great, thank you Very Happy, been working hard on school and armor, just wanted to get back into the swing of coming here and hanging out with you guys, been missing it lately
Back to top Go down
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior

Title : Daydream Wanderer
Number of posts : 340
Planet/System : Flitting between Tochin and Arus
Credits : 307
Rep : 61
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: hello again   Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:34 am

Hey Zacic,

Always good to see a familiar face pop back in! I think we all went underground for a bit. Real life just has a way of doing that.

I've purposefully kept myself cocooned away for a while because my real life needed a cleaning. After 9 years of marriage, I had finally decided that my husband and I just weren't going to work out anymore. He didn't take it well at first, but we eventually worked out how to handle my son's custody and the rest of the affairs that go with a separation. I'm in the midst of the separation, and my lawyer should be filing the paperwork with our state's court this week. Then, it's a waiting game for the decree to get sent to my husband for signing and the step after that (in a few months) is the final divorce.

So, if my absence continues, it's not from lack of lurking here and seeing how everyone else is doing, it's probably because I'm taking more time for my son and myself to make sure the transition goes as smooth as it can for him.

Take care, All!
Ms.MaraJade
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/961915/Ms_MaraJade
Daennika
Chief

Title : Top Douche in charge
Number of posts : 483
Planet/System : Sol, Outer Rim
Credits : 553
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: hello again   Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:13 am

Woah MMJ, sorry to hear that it had to come to that. But at the same time I gotta say I'm happy that you now have more time for your kid and yourself! I believe that, in the end, women don't need men to be happy. We can be fine on our own Cool

And Zacic, thanks for hanging around! Although I should take some of that advice too Razz
Back to top Go down
http://daesaurus.tumblr.com/
Anecdote
Strong Arm

Title : Molotov over here!
Number of posts : 174
Planet/System : Corellia
Credits : 195
Rep : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: hello again   Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:31 pm

I'm also sorry it had to come to that MMJ... but at the same time I'm happy that you were able to work out the legal processes (or have so far) and able to come to your own conclusion and then follow through with it. That can be really hard (sometimes impossible), so good on you. I hope everything progresses steadily without hiccup.

Also...
Mesh'la Runi wrote:

I screamed when I saw this.

Also heyy Zacic! How have you been?
Back to top Go down
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior

PostSubject: Re: hello again   Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:39 pm

Thanks, Daennika & Anecdote!

I'm doing pretty well despite it all. My soon-to-be ex is not handling too well. He's having a hard time adjusting and getting used to the idea. I hope he gets mentally & emotionally figured out in a couple months. Right now, it's not easy to deal with him. I'm lucky we have a mutual friend who is playing mediator between us and arranging visitations with my son.
Back to top Go down
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior

Title : "The Rancor"
Number of posts : 308
Planet/System : Gallifrey
Credits : 304
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: hello again   Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:44 am

Ms.MaraJade wrote:
Thanks, Daennika & Anecdote!

I'm doing pretty well despite it all. My soon-to-be ex is not handling too well. He's having a hard time adjusting and getting used to the idea. I hope he gets mentally & emotionally figured out in a couple months. Right now, it's not easy to deal with him. I'm lucky we have a mutual friend who is playing mediator between us and arranging visitations with my son.

Wow that must be tough. I'm sorry to see that, but I'm glad you're doing alright overall. My fiance and I have also been having problems and nearly split up, but we're working on rebuilding trust at the moment. There seem to be a lot of other people in the same or similar situation this month.

Something must be off in the universe. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://meshlaruni.deviantart.com/
Zacic Volkshed
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: hello again   Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:27 pm

Sorry to hear about all that Ms.MJ, that sounds pretty rough :\.

I keep on getting side tracked and not stopping by here to say hi and keep up with everyone and their stuff, school is eating up all my free time.
Back to top Go down
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior

PostSubject: Re: hello again   Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:28 am

Hey Zacic!

Thanks for the concern. We've actually moved along quite quickly with it all because we filed for an "uncontested divorce," which means we agreed on everything we needed in order to dissolve the marriage. The ex is still down about the break-up and not ready to let go emotionally. However, because of the fact that the divorce is uncontested, I got a final court date in just a couple weeks. So by the time my birthday comes in November, all the legal stuff will be done, and I will be officially no longer married.
Back to top Go down
Catika
Vice Chief

Title : Medpack Dispenser
Number of posts : 349
Planet/System : Ord Mantell
Credits : 400
Rep : 65
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: hello again   Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:06 am

MMJ! *hugs* I hope everything's settled down. Sad

Me, I just read every RPG thread from Fortune's Fools and I'm now glancing over my old fics. I feel like I'm at a crossroads with my writing. Trying to get some creative juices flowing... as gross as that sounds.

*stares around the forum until someone else shows up*
Back to top Go down
http://rc1140.tumblr.com
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior

PostSubject: Re: hello again   Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:43 am

Hi Catika!

So good to hear from you again! Divorce-wise things have settled down quite a bit. The divorce was finalized on November 7 (2 days before my birthday!). Everything remained as it was in the agreement my ex and I set up, so we are now going about life on different paths. He still comes to visit our son every other weekend, but his mood with that varies. Sometimes he's a happy ex, and other times he tries to pick a fight. So glad, I don't have to live with that anymore, and I have the power to tell him to leave.

I won't get into details here, but there are other aspects of my life that feel as though they are crumbling around me, and all I can ask is for whoever wants to offer kind wishes, please think of me for a while. I got myself into a bit of a pickle at work for losing my cool one day, and now I'm facing a reprimand...but I don't know the severity it will get to yet.

Take care!
Back to top Go down
Melyc'inya
Staff Sergeant

Title : Combat Medic
Number of posts : 116
Credits : 162
Rep : 14
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: hello again   Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:20 am

I've been lurking, and never feel that I know what to say (or, that what I would say already has been)...but I figured I should come out to wish you the best, MMJ. I hope whatever you face is little more than a slap on the wrist, and that things stabilize for you soon.
Back to top Go down
http://melfina-chan.deviantart.com
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior

PostSubject: Re: hello again   Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:22 am

Thanks for the well-wishing, everyone! My work pickle was more serious than originally thought, and the company used it as an excuse to do a lay-off. (I had been with the company for over 11 years, and obviously, they are targeting those of us "old" employees first.) With that said, things weren't going all that great at work in the last year or so for me, and while I'm kind of liberated to be away from the insanity, there is a part of me that is naturally devastated and in a panic. I've never been without a job before, and it wouldn't be so bad if it was just me. Unfortunately, I have a child and a house and without a steady income and medical benefits I'm going to be freaking for a while until unemployment and the subsiding benefits that my state offers can begin.

On a positive note, I've been contemplating going back to school for an associates' degree (mind you, I'm 37 with only a high school diploma so this is entirely frightening to me), and some people have been telling me that this is a "sign" that I'm finally meant to use unemployment and get a much-needed degree and career change without having to pay for it.

If anyone has any advice about being laid off, and especially going to college, please feel free to add your thoughts/experiences. I am trying to keep an open mind about this situation because if I lose my hope and my positivity, I'm going to risk falling into a dark place of despair where I have seen others in this situation land. I cannot allow myself to ruin my life because of a job, and for my son's sake, I need to do everything I can to make our lives better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hello again   Today at 8:42 pm

Back to top Go down

hello again
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: What are you doing here? :: Who the heck are you?-
Jump to: