Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!
HomeFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

MandoNoobian - PLEASE HELP!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ObiWolf
Lurker

Number of posts : 3
Credits : 5
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2013-05-03

PostSubject: MandoNoobian - PLEASE HELP!   Fri May 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Ever see those "mando fans" that you just wanted to go full auto with your rifle at? Or take the sheet metal bucket (with handle still attached) of a helmet they used for their costume and . . . well, you get the idea.
Ever want to find a possible new fan and mold them properly, and create them into the proper fan that would be a benefit to the race?
Well here is your chance!

I have some knowledge of the star wars universe, though I haven't got much beyond the movies and some small other stuff I learned via games and conversations with bigger fans than myself. I was looking through and finally recognized mandos as the true epic space warriors that they are, and want to learn more. To see if the Mando life is one I want to further study and build into.

But I don't know what sources to use. What info is the best, and most accurate. I want to know how to construct a proper mando name, select a time period to focus on, and . . . well, see if this is the path I wish to take!

So feel free. Slam me with the info and suggestions and guidance you wish you could drill into some of those "fans" that you would normally just put on the front lines of the battle. With no armor. And a fork. Yes, the bent one that no one wants to use. And you tape a button onto it with space duct tape. Tell em its the legendary vibro-fork of epicness. I think you get the idea.
Back to top Go down
ObiWolf
Lurker

PostSubject: Re: MandoNoobian - PLEASE HELP!   Sun May 05, 2013 9:55 pm

Doing some hunting, I heard an interesting idea. Use the translated version of MY name to create a new Mando name.
The first part, easy. Young. Evaar'la. Okay. Sounds a little feminine, but no biggie.
The problem, then, was King. (Yes, my name means Young King. What is scary, my last name means "Eminent".) Well, as far as I could find, I couldn't find King in any translator or dictionary. And I wasn't going to be Evaar'laMand'alor
So looking around, I found several options. Al'verde, Commander. Alor'uus, Corporal. Constable, Alor.
(Interesting thought. Mand'alor. Manda means Body and Spirit, and Alor means Corporal, a term for an officer in law enforcement)
So far my options seem to be:
Evaar'Al'verde - Evaar'verde
Evaar'Alor'uus - Evaar'uus
Evaar'alor. ee-VAR-ah-LOR
I think I like the last one. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Melyc'inya
Staff Sergeant

Title : Combat Medic
Number of posts : 116
Credits : 162
Rep : 14
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: MandoNoobian - PLEASE HELP!   Mon May 06, 2013 3:45 am

I like both Evaar'alor and Evaar'uus, they both seem to flow pretty naturally. The latter uses the term "ruus," which translates literally to "rock," but is used in a couple words to imply various types of stability (including an apparently popular female name, Ruusaan).

As for info to draw from, I found scans of a bunch of comics a long time ago, that happens to contain some informational tidbits under the "Mando Learning" link: http://www.nukecd.com/cayce/mandcomix/

Also, Karen Traviss wrote a few novels that followed clones who had been trained by Mandalorians, so she has a good chunk of EU (extended universe) info to draw from. If you want the Mando'a lexicon as a file (assuming you're looking around on a wiki page), as well as a grammar guide, she still has them available online: http://www.karentraviss.com/page20/page26/index.html
Back to top Go down
http://melfina-chan.deviantart.com
ObiWolf
Lurker

PostSubject: Re: MandoNoobian - PLEASE HELP!   Tue May 07, 2013 9:34 pm

Now I suppose its time to figure out what era to make the persona. So I know what sort of armor to look into and character history. Means a lot of reading ahead of me. Any suggestions or thoughts, feel free to say something!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MandoNoobian - PLEASE HELP!   

Back to top Go down

MandoNoobian - PLEASE HELP!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Mandalorian Stuff :: Global Mando talk-
Jump to: