Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Get your facts right about Karen Traviss

Go down 
+6
Hplovecraft05
Ryler
Shas Kal'Abra
Gratulor's body
Douglas Fett
Daennika
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior
Mesh'la Runi

Title : "The Rancor"
Number of posts : 308
Planet/System : Gallifrey
Credits : 304
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-06-04

Get your facts right about Karen Traviss - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get your facts right about Karen Traviss   Get your facts right about Karen Traviss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:39 pm

Ms.MaraJade wrote:
I'm being cautiously optimistic about a new author taking over the series. All we can do is just wait and see.

However, I couldn't find anything on Sue Rostoni other than she is the editor at LucasFilm for Expanded Universe comics and books. Does anyone know what else she's done?

From what I understood of Bur'ika's post, Sue Rostoni confirmed the upcoming book. Not that she was going to write it (as I think you're taking it to mean). Sorry if I misunderstood what you meant, lol.

(Edit):

Just found this on TheForce.net:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Sue_Rostoni_Book_Schedule_Updates_News_128738.asp

and:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Sue_Rostoni_Speaks_On_Traviss_Quitting_SW_125567.asp

For those who like to have all the information, this is the (70-page 0_o) thread on StarWars.com concerning Karen leaving, and much later in the thread concerning what is to be done about the continuity of the series. Ms. Rostoni comments throughout. [link]
Back to top Go down
http://meshlaruni.deviantart.com/
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

Title : Daydream Wanderer
Number of posts : 340
Planet/System : Flitting between Tochin and Arus
Credits : 307
Rep : 61
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Get your facts right about Karen Traviss   Get your facts right about Karen Traviss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 3:19 pm

Well, then I just hope they *don't* get Karen Miller for Imperial Commando 2. She wrote "Clone Wars: Wild Space," and all she did was write sentence fragment after sentence fragment. It was one of the worst abuses of grammar I have ever read. While I understand that a lot of the narrative in "Wild Space" was character thoughts, there does come a time when real sentences would do the story justice, and that apparently is not her writing style.

As for any other authors who could take up the series, I've been partial to Timothy Zahn's works. He gave a squad of stormtroopers some real charm and personality in his novel "Allegiance." Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/961915/Ms_MaraJade
Buruk
Sergeant
Buruk

Title : Survivor of Galidraan
Number of posts : 61
Planet/System : Concord Dawn
Credits : 79
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Get your facts right about Karen Traviss   Get your facts right about Karen Traviss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 3:59 pm

My personal pic would be Matthew Stover for his gritty and realistic approach to writing war stories such as Shatterpoint.
Back to top Go down
Hplovecraft05
Tourist
Hplovecraft05

Number of posts : 5
Planet/System : Mandalor
Credits : 5
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Get your facts right about Karen Traviss   Get your facts right about Karen Traviss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:37 am

I'm with both you guys on that one I love Zahn's work with Allegiance and Stover's work too. Cool
Back to top Go down
Daennika
Chief
Daennika

Title : Top Douche in charge
Number of posts : 483
Planet/System : Sol, Outer Rim
Credits : 553
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Get your facts right about Karen Traviss   Get your facts right about Karen Traviss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:52 am

Mesh'la Runi wrote:

From what I understood of Bur'ika's post, Sue Rostoni confirmed the upcoming book. Not that she was going to write it (as I think you're taking it to mean). Sorry if I misunderstood what you meant, lol.

(Edit):

Just found this on TheForce.net:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Sue_Rostoni_Book_Schedule_Updates_News_128738.asp

and:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Sue_Rostoni_Speaks_On_Traviss_Quitting_SW_125567.asp

For those who like to have all the information, this is the (70-page 0_o) thread on StarWars.com concerning Karen leaving, and much later in the thread concerning what is to be done about the continuity of the series. Ms. Rostoni comments throughout. [link]
I love how vague and non-committal those comments sounded to me!

Anyway guys, this is probably the best outcome that we'd hoped when it all went south. Keep believing!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://daesaurus.tumblr.com/
DoseOrdo
Warrior
DoseOrdo

Title : I is Mandalore?
Number of posts : 181
Planet/System : Space, the final frontier... These are... wait what? wrong fan page?
Credits : 169
Rep : 6
Registration date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Get your facts right about Karen Traviss   Get your facts right about Karen Traviss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:58 am

I know for a fact that one of KT good friends and Mando junky has been looking to get approval to either finish her work or start his own. I dont know if hes officialy said anything or if it will happen so I wont name names but I think it would make us all happy.
Back to top Go down
Douglas Fett
Sergeant
Douglas Fett

Title : Te Werda Mand'alor
Number of posts : 78
Planet/System : The Mandalore System
Credits : 86
Rep : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Get your facts right about Karen Traviss   Get your facts right about Karen Traviss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:29 am

Well, better than nothing. I feel a good author will be chosen to pick up where Karen left off. It already went sour with this whole Clone Wars TV show (all that for three episodes and some dar'manda duchess...right? geez louise. continuing on though), and it'd be wrong to kick a guy when he's down.

As an afterthought, I'd hate to be Leland Chee.
Back to top Go down
Hplovecraft05
Tourist
Hplovecraft05

Number of posts : 5
Planet/System : Mandalor
Credits : 5
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Get your facts right about Karen Traviss   Get your facts right about Karen Traviss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:47 am

yea I think it's a bunch of crap the Cartoon really screwed up Karen's Books. confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get your facts right about Karen Traviss   Get your facts right about Karen Traviss - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get your facts right about Karen Traviss
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Mandalorian Stuff :: Book Club for Mandos-
Jump to: