Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Down and Dirty DEBATES

Go down 
+5
Sev Fett
Daennika
Tenna
Cody MacArthur Fett
Catika
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Daennika
Chief
Daennika

Title : Top Douche in charge
Number of posts : 483
Planet/System : Sol, Outer Rim
Credits : 553
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Down and Dirty DEBATES - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down and Dirty DEBATES   Down and Dirty DEBATES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 11:37 am

Well I still think the problem is still a philosophical matter more than a legal one since laws can be changed over time. But it's too deeply ingrained in most people's minds that the idea of same sex relationships is icky. Proof of that is people saying "they're just like normal people!"

We would accept inter-species relations between humans and aliens before we see homosexuals as ordinary.
Back to top Go down
http://daesaurus.tumblr.com/
Gratulor's body
Warrior
Gratulor's body

Title : Mirsh'kyramud
Number of posts : 144
Planet/System : Fantasy land
Credits : 165
Rep : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Down and Dirty DEBATES   Down and Dirty DEBATES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 6:28 pm

That I will never understand. It's not as if people are in their homes all the time, what they do there is their business right? I think murderers who are released can marry, give blood et cetera, and they have actually done something very wrong. Very strange phylosophical issue indeed. Laughing

I feel for those who have to put on a mask and live with a partner they have no interest in for life just to have (or adopt) children. That's no way to live in a civilised society.
Back to top Go down
Tenna
Staff Sergeant
Tenna

Title : Droid Control
Number of posts : 193
Planet/System : Hawkbat country
Credits : 217
Rep : 10
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Down and Dirty DEBATES   Down and Dirty DEBATES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 9:02 pm

Gratulor's body wrote:
I feel for those who have to put on a mask and live with a partner they have no interest in for life just to have (or adopt) children. That's no way to live in a civilised society.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Kote
Warrior
Kote

Number of posts : 144
Planet/System : currently on deep scouting mission in the Unknown Regions
Credits : 144
Rep : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Down and Dirty DEBATES   Down and Dirty DEBATES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 1:11 pm

I've missed most of this discussion, so I've had to read it from the beginning right now, but now I have a question - why should I possibly care if gay people marry or not? It's none of my business anyway. They want to marry, they need to marry - go ahead and do it. Prohibiting it wouldn't help a blind bit, homosexualists won't disappear by some magic if the "normal" majority says they're outlaws. It is up to a person to deside, really. I think that it is not right for me to marry a woman, so I won't do it. My friend thinks that marrying her girlfriend is right for her - well, I don't mind. What is the problem?..
Back to top Go down
RC-2017
Sergeant

Title : Just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe.
Number of posts : 67
Planet/System : The shipyards, Sol system
Credits : 88
Rep : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Down and Dirty DEBATES   Down and Dirty DEBATES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:39 pm

Ori'jate, Kote. That's what I'd like to know. How is it anyone else's business?
Some people take stuff like this far too personally. And with the best reason for being against 'My holy text says so', I don't get it at all. Seems like a silly prejudice to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Down and Dirty DEBATES   Down and Dirty DEBATES - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Down and Dirty DEBATES
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: What are you doing here? :: Just chatting-
Jump to: