Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need my clan!

Go down 
+16
Mesh'la Runi
ForestRaptor
Si Titran
Dha'Aden
Daennika
Melyc'inya
RC-2017
Kote
Whtwlf
Tenna
Jodo Kam
Anecdote
Vio'Fais
Douglas Fett
Ms.MaraJade
Catika
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
DoseOrdo
Warrior
DoseOrdo

Title : I is Mandalore?
Number of posts : 181
Planet/System : Space, the final frontier... These are... wait what? wrong fan page?
Credits : 169
Rep : 6
Registration date : 2009-06-22

I need my clan! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:10 am

I wouldnt worry about it much at this stage, The process they use to "date" pregnancy at this stage is so far from being useful that I really wouldnt worry about how far along they say you are, relative to the baby size.

They go by the last date of your previous menstral cycle, meaning if you had yours, then did your business and got the job done a day or two before your next cycle... they are a month off already...

Heartbeats there so think positively until theirs more baby to go on, then keep track of his or her growth.

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Saviin
Tourist
Saviin

Title : Saviin Kelborn

Number of posts : 7
Planet/System : Dxun the Demon Moon
Credits : 1
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2010-04-02

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 4:46 pm

Mara you get all the good luck you want from me, and then some more because April 6 just happens to be my birthday, so the baby probably will get all the good luck that I lack!

On that note I need some good luck too, because I just found out the other day that I need surgery or I'm going to lose the use of my right hand, and with all the floods and everything (I live just south of Nashville, about 10 minutes south of where the building washed down the freeway) it's kind of screwed up whether or not I'll be able to get the surgery, because if the freeway is damaged, then I won't be able to get to the hospital.
Back to top Go down
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

Title : Daydream Wanderer
Number of posts : 340
Planet/System : Flitting between Tochin and Arus
Credits : 307
Rep : 61
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 6:15 pm

DoseOrdo & Saviin, thanks so much for your encouragement! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a better scan this Tuesday.

SAVIIN: You're in my thoughts equally now, and I certainly wish you the best with your chance to get the surgery. I hope the pathway clears for you and that you can do what needs to be done in order to keep yourself healthy. Please keep us updated on your progress.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/961915/Ms_MaraJade
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:57 pm

Sad Sad

I just got bad news today. The baby died. There's no heartbeat, and I have to get scheduled for a D&C on Thursday at the hospital.

I'm going to go cry again.

It's just not fair.

Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Saviin
Tourist
Saviin

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:27 pm

Aww Mara I was really hoping you would get some good news. Sad *lots of hugs*
Back to top Go down
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior
Mesh'la Runi

Title : "The Rancor"
Number of posts : 308
Planet/System : Gallifrey
Credits : 304
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:31 pm

I'm so sorry MMJ. Another friend of mine just went through the same thing with his wife; she was carrying twins. I know that nothing I can say will take away the hurt right now, but I just want to encourage you that one day things will all work out. Somehow, some way, they always do.

Much <3.
Back to top Go down
http://meshlaruni.deviantart.com/
DoseOrdo
Warrior
DoseOrdo

Planet/System : Space, the final frontier... These are... wait what? wrong fan page?

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:32 pm

im so sorry to hear that, your time will come though, just dont give up hope.
Back to top Go down
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:22 pm

Thanks again, everyone, for being so supportive.

I'm scheduled for 10:00 am on Thursday. In about 12 hours from now I'll be able to start putting my life back together and get past this tragedy.
Back to top Go down
Anecdote
Strong Arm
Anecdote

Title : Molotov over here!
Number of posts : 174
Planet/System : Corellia
Credits : 195
Rep : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:32 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that MMJ *much hugs* life is sometimes unfair, but don't give up
Back to top Go down
Catika
Vice Chief
Catika

Title : Medpack Dispenser
Number of posts : 349
Planet/System : Ord Mantell
Credits : 400
Rep : 65
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:11 pm

You'll be in my thoughts, Mara. I am so sorry.

Saviin, good luck with everything too. My roommate lives just south of Nashville too, so I heard how bad it was.

I'm so sad to hear about everything that's going on. I really hope things start turning up for everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://rc1140.tumblr.com
Saviin
Tourist
Saviin

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:00 pm

The freeway is open and the surgicenter didn't get damaged, so I'm to have surgery on my arm tomorrow, hopefully all will go well! Also, need some luck towards getting my disability/SSI approved so I can get some money. Or everything fixed so I can go back to work. I would like that better if someone can manage that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 4:31 pm

Thanks for your thoughts, Catika! (Miss you around here...hope you're still doing well!)

Saviin: Wonderful news that you can get the surgery you need! Good luck, and you'll be in my thoughts.

I'm doing much better than I was a week ago. The emotional roller-coaster is settling down finally (guess the pregnancy hormones have finally left), and I'm collecting myself again. I have my follow-up with the doctor on Friday, and I'm going to really look into the option of Clomid. I've read that it can only be used for 6 months so if nothing happens in that timeframe, then I can put expanding the family behind me and just enjoy what I was given. But...I'll always wonder if I don't put everything that I possibly can into trying one last time so that's why I'm giving it one last-ditch effort.
Back to top Go down
DoseOrdo
Warrior
DoseOrdo

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 4:51 pm

Ms.MaraJade wrote:
Thanks for your thoughts, Catika! (Miss you around here...hope you're still doing well!)

Saviin: Wonderful news that you can get the surgery you need! Good luck, and you'll be in my thoughts.

I'm doing much better than I was a week ago. The emotional roller-coaster is settling down finally (guess the pregnancy hormones have finally left), and I'm collecting myself again. I have my follow-up with the doctor on Friday, and I'm going to really look into the option of Clomid. I've read that it can only be used for 6 months so if nothing happens in that timeframe, then I can put expanding the family behind me and just enjoy what I was given. But...I'll always wonder if I don't put everything that I possibly can into trying one last time so that's why I'm giving it one last-ditch effort.

I wish you luck, but keep in mind that theres also thousands of kids out there who badly need someone. You may just as well expand your family in other ways.
Back to top Go down
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:10 pm

Quote :
I wish you luck, but keep in mind that theres also thousands of kids out there who badly need someone. You may just as well expand your family in other ways.

Believe, me DoseOrdo, if I had the tens of thousands of dollars needed to adopt, I would have gone that route a long time ago. Unfortunately, $50-70/month for the Clomid and the copays is more affordable than going through a long string of lawyers just to adopt a kid who needs me. (I have a friend who looked into this, and she was quoted around $30,000 and others have told me similar stories that they paid for adoption!!) I don't understand why only rich people can afford to adopt when there are so many middle-class families willing to care for these kids. It's just....un-Mandalorian that the red tape hinders helping a child.
Back to top Go down
DoseOrdo
Warrior
DoseOrdo

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:48 am

Ms.MaraJade wrote:
Quote :

Believe, me DoseOrdo, if I had the tens of thousands of dollars needed to adopt, I would have gone that route a long time ago. Unfortunately, $50-70/month for the Clomid and the copays is more affordable than going through a long string of lawyers just to adopt a kid who needs me. (I have a friend who looked into this, and she was quoted around $30,000 and others have told me similar stories that they paid for adoption!!) I don't understand why only rich people can afford to adopt when there are so many middle-class families willing to care for these kids. It's just....un-Mandalorian that the red tape hinders helping a child.

I didnt know it cost so much! That seems like a very broken system. Thousands of children are in need of parents yet they make it impossible to adopt. Im guessing theirs no form of financial aid for adoption?

My daughter cost my 25 grand, 11 for the birth and 14 for 3 days in the nicu. Lucky for us though we had insurance.
Back to top Go down
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:10 pm

DoseOrdo wrote:
Ms.MaraJade wrote:
Quote :

I didnt know it cost so much! That seems like a very broken system. Thousands of children are in need of parents yet they make it impossible to adopt. Im guessing theirs no form of financial aid for adoption?

My daughter cost my 25 grand, 11 for the birth and 14 for 3 days in the nicu. Lucky for us though we had insurance.

Not to hijack the thread too much longer Laughing but, unfortunately, yeah, adoption usually comes by way of DYFS cases or international babies so either way it's long, tedious, expensive, and just a broken system.

And as for insurance, tell me about it! It's amazing what doctors/hospitals/etc. charge for services. I don't know how people survive without insurance. I cringe whenever I see someone paying over $200 for a single prescription at the pharmacy! I'm lucky I do have insurance, but I just wish they covered more than they do.
Back to top Go down
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior
Mesh'la Runi

Title : "The Rancor"
Number of posts : 308
Planet/System : Gallifrey
Credits : 304
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:12 pm

Ms.MaraJade wrote:
And as for insurance, tell me about it! It's amazing what doctors/hospitals/etc. charge for services. I don't know how people survive without insurance. I cringe whenever I see someone paying over $200 for a single prescription at the pharmacy! I'm lucky I do have insurance, but I just wish they covered more than they do.

Tell me about it. My fiance doesn't have insurance and had to go to the hospital on Christmas Eve. He was in there for a little over an hour, and they did just a few scans (he was having chest pain and some trouble breathing). They said that he had probably pulled a chest muscle, prescribed him what was essentially some high-dose Ibuprofen, and sent him on his way. When we checked out, we asked them exactly how much it was going to cost, since we don't have much money. They told us $200, which was a lot for us, but we had it so we paid it. We left, and a few weeks later got a bill in the mail for $4000 that they said NOTHING about, even though we specifically asked.

So now we're stuck paying a debt collector until it's paid off. It's absolutely ridiculous how much they charge just to LOOK at a person. Goodness forbid they have to use a machine on you for THIRTY SECONDS.

Also, I'm on a new medication that goes for $260 retail for 60 pills; a month's worth. I'm just glad that I have insurance and work at the store I get it filled at, so I get an employee discount. Even so, I still pay $50 a month for the damn things.
Back to top Go down
http://meshlaruni.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need my clan!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4