Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!
HomeFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ordo and Besany Love / and some of Mereel Skirata's antics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anecdote
Strong Arm

Title : Molotov over here!
Number of posts : 174
Planet/System : Corellia
Credits : 195
Rep : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Ordo and Besany Love / and some of Mereel Skirata's antics   Tue May 05, 2009 11:36 pm

Edit:: Mereel Skirata related stories are now found below the following Ordo/Besany listing.

Yes. As the title says. (Woooo, fanfiction for Skirata's favorite)
In short, I have a ... series... being worked on very slowly, which explores the relationship between Ordo and Besany.
I'd like some comments/suggestions/so on. I like to write about the two of them, I think the differences are very... dynamic.

The stories are relatively short, as is the nature of the 'project' (a livejournal Prompt Table / Drabble / One-Shot community), so most of them are under a 1000 words each.

Forgive me for my obsessive need to organize things (like the links below). If I get too confusing, please let me know. silent

Anyway, enough of my rambling.

Title: Are These For Me?
Timeline: Around the Clone Wars and after, so 20~19 BBY ++
Characters: Ordo Skirata, Besany Wennen, (and occasional appearance of the rest of the family)
Genre: Romance, mostly (tongue-in-cheek)
Plot/Summary: Short snapshots into the complicated relationship of ex-Null and ex-Agent of the Republic
Links: (These are directly to my LiveJournal, as due to certain ... negative experiences with The Pit that is ffnet, I'll likely not post there for some time)

The Full Prompt Table (obviously incomplete):
http://specimen-47.livejournal.com/6811.html

For those of you too lazy to browse, or too easily confused, by the above Prompt Table, here's a list of the individual stories.
Some numbers are 'missing,' that's because the project doesn't dictate writing them in order. Just using a prompt in a set time.
(Since it's relaxed, I have several weeks time in between to mull over things, hence why I started in October and am still not done yet.)

Are These For Me?
01. On The Phone - Jump Start
02. Thunderstorm - Sugared Love
03. Chattering Away - EZ1138 Keldabe
04. Of The Feline Nature - Unexpected Company
~
07. Hug - Respite
08. Don't Touch Me - Lunch Under Cover
09. Running Water - Decisions
10. Silence - Someday
~
12. Sleep Deprivation - Nightmare
~
14. The Pitter-Patter of Feet - Cheffa Cake and Chips
~
18. Sleeping Angel - From Iego
~
21. Gunshots - Moral Fiber
~
25. Out of Place - Yesterday Felt Better
26. Headache - Time of Our Lives

I used to ... well, write a lot of Mereel Skirata -centric stories, and they were all featured under a separate journal in livejournal. As of this past weekend, I think I may pick up that abandoned journal and write some more from his perspective. But until then, I bring this short set of flash fiction which was prompted by a "fic challenge" community.

Title: Four Times Null-7 Touched the Sky, and One Time He Didn't
Timeline: Clone Wars, so... 19 BBY ++
Character(s): Null ARC 7 Mereel Skirata
Genre: Action/Adventure?
Plot/Summary: Like the title says, 5 random glimpses into Mereel Skirata's life during the Clone Wars.
Links: http://specimen-47.livejournal.com/23702.html

Last edited by Anecdote on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:48 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Catika
Vice Chief

Title : Medpack Dispenser
Number of posts : 349
Planet/System : Ord Mantell
Credits : 400
Rep : 65
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Ordo and Besany Love / and some of Mereel Skirata's antics   Wed May 06, 2009 7:36 am

As if they could get any better, now your Ordo/Besany stuff is all in ONE PLACE!

I must divulge in these soon. It will be like eating pie. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://rc1140.tumblr.com
Anecdote
Strong Arm

PostSubject: Re: Ordo and Besany Love / and some of Mereel Skirata's antics   Wed May 06, 2009 8:18 pm

Catika wrote:
As if they could get any better, now your Ordo/Besany stuff is all in ONE PLACE!

I must divulge in these soon. It will be like eating pie. cheers
lol take your time. I've only updated... once since last year. I'm having a hard time cracking down and writing again, after suffering the mess that was this past winter.
Back to top Go down
Catika
Vice Chief

Title : Medpack Dispenser
Number of posts : 349
Planet/System : Ord Mantell
Credits : 400
Rep : 65
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Ordo and Besany Love / and some of Mereel Skirata's antics   Wed May 20, 2009 11:27 am

I. Love. EZ1138 Keldabe. First off, isn't 1138 Boss's number designation? Smile

There's sort of a delectable twist in activities in EZ1138--on any given day, I would imagine Mereel is schmoozing with girls while Ordo was busy getting his hands on something that needed to be fixed. Seeing Mereel having to work and probably hating it (poor guy, losing the hydrospanner, then bumping his head!) while Ordo has a special moment with Besany is refreshing! The best part is definitely the little Mando'a exchange between Jaing and Mereel. Brilliant ending.

I really liked how you threw in a bit of universe jargon with Jaing and Mereel discussing the hydrospanner. It's a nice, realistic touch.

Next up is Cheffa Cake and Chips. The narrative here is wonderful. You're able to fill in the gaps to a Star Wars "layperson" with those tiny snippets of information. I find it really hard to keep my reader informed without sounding like a professor or getting too carried away with the details.

Ohh and what a sweet little twist in the end! It made me smile. I feel a little like Ordo and Besany while I'm away at school and my boyfriend is at home. Only, he's not doing covert ops, he's just working at a deli and going to class.

Okay I will have to read more later! I loooove these. Short stories are great, especially when they are as well-crafted as yours!
Back to top Go down
http://rc1140.tumblr.com
Anecdote
Strong Arm

PostSubject: Re: Ordo and Besany Love / and some of Mereel Skirata's antics   Wed May 20, 2009 11:13 pm

Ohhh thank you! Embarassed Embarassed
Really thank you. *thrilled* Your reply really made my weekmonth! Very Happy Very Happy

Yes, that's Boss' designation number... but actually I took it from a couple of joke "motivational posters" from the Mando Mercs forums. (Here's a link: http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k201/PJR_76/Mercs%20Motivational%20Posters/motivator5546579.jpg)

I've always figured that Mereel had a habit of... collecting electronics. (That reminds me... I should probably get back on writing as Mereel being the main focus but... I haven't done it in so long. >_>)

Cheffa cake and chips took a lot of edits until I was happy for it, and it was also one of the first ones I wrote. I'm glad the twist works out Smile lol
Back to top Go down
Anecdote
Strong Arm

PostSubject: Re: Ordo and Besany Love / and some of Mereel Skirata's antics   Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Updated with Prompt #08 - Don't Touch Me - Lunch Under Cover
Back to top Go down
RC-2017
Sergeant

Title : Just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe.
Number of posts : 67
Planet/System : The shipyards, Sol system
Credits : 88
Rep : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Ordo and Besany Love / and some of Mereel Skirata's antics   Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:26 pm

I'll be sitting down to read these start to finish when I come off of the early morning shit at the 'Yard. I always like seeing clones get their due- embracing mando culture, getting to have a life, and of course a girl.
Back to top Go down
Anecdote
Strong Arm

PostSubject: Re: Ordo and Besany Love / and some of Mereel Skirata's antics   Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:29 am

Groovy, thanks Grit. Very Happy

Also, adding all my Mereel related stuff to this post since I didn't want to make a new thread.
Back to top Go down
Anecdote
Strong Arm

PostSubject: Re: Ordo and Besany Love / and some of Mereel Skirata's antics   Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:49 am

Update: #25 - Out of Place - Yesterday Felt Better added.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ordo and Besany Love / and some of Mereel Skirata's antics   

Back to top Go down

Ordo and Besany Love / and some of Mereel Skirata's antics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1