Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My one and only Mando picture

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kote
Warrior
Kote

Number of posts : 144
Planet/System : currently on deep scouting mission in the Unknown Regions
Credits : 144
Rep : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-19

My one and only Mando picture Empty
PostSubject: My one and only Mando picture   My one and only Mando picture I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 11:49 am

... Well, maybe there will be more, but for now that's it.

From original DA comment wrote:
Just some humble attempts at drawing. I haven't drawn anything for I guess about five or six years, and apparently I had to fall in love with the Mandos to get my ass moving on it.

So, this lady is one of my more or less original Mando characters, name's Hoel Sabik. She was not a born Mandalorian, but an anthropologist who studied them and in the process of studying decided that mercenary is much more fascinating kind of a job than scholar. Here she is still good-looking - I couldn't get myself drawing scars on her face, because I've spent too much time to make it look human-like and I'm not going to spoil my work. Not now.

Anyway, I personally like the result. It could have been much, much worse. Still, critique is most welcome.

PS Ah yes, Mandalorians, their armour, history, language and all the other stuff belong to their creators at LukasArts etc. Mine is only the idea of this particular character and her name.

PPS I don't have a drawing tablet or enough skill and patience to make it digital using the mouse. So it's just a scanned pencil drawing.

My one and only Mando picture Mandalorian_Lady_by_SaintGlory
Back to top Go down
commander-13
Staff Sergeant
commander-13

Number of posts : 69
Credits : 115
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Mando picture   My one and only Mando picture I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:36 pm

It's actually not bad for something you don't do regularly. Five or six years of not doodling is a long time.

You really just need to draw more, and more often too. I've only recently been doing full digital work too, I still scan most of my pencil sketches as well, nothing wrong with that Wink

Draw more, and use reference whenever you can. You'll find that you'll obsess over certain things but you need to try and avoid it. Go for general shape and pose first, the details (like faces, eyes, noses etc..) will fall in place later.
Back to top Go down
Catika
Vice Chief
Catika

Title : Medpack Dispenser
Number of posts : 349
Planet/System : Ord Mantell
Credits : 400
Rep : 65
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Mando picture   My one and only Mando picture I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:53 pm

I like it a lot! She has a SEVERE FROWN. Something in her life is bad. Sad

And what a great pose too. I've just picked up drawing since giving up years ago, and I've been doing lame front-on poses and not straying very far from that. So I really like that you tried something different. I don't even know how to draw butts. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://rc1140.tumblr.com
Kote
Warrior
Kote

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Mando picture   My one and only Mando picture I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 1:05 am

commander-13 wrote:
Draw more, and use reference whenever you can. You'll find that you'll obsess over certain things but you need to try and avoid it. Go for general shape and pose first, the details (like faces, eyes, noses etc..) will fall in place later.
I know I need to draw more. I want to draw more. The problem is, I can't find time when I have inspiration and vice versa. Sad
And thanks for your advice a lot! =)

Quote :
I like it a lot! She has a SEVERE FROWN. Something in her life is bad.

And what a great pose too. I've just picked up drawing since giving up years ago, and I've been doing lame front-on poses and not straying very far from that. So I really like that you tried something different. I don't even know how to draw butts.
Thank you! bounce Somehow she turns out to be not a happy person. But I guess here she's just tired and wants to stay alone for some time.
I saw a similar pose on some picture and decided to give it a try. I killed about an hour drawing the sceleton and adjusting it to the desired position. As for butts, neither do I. As long as they're covered with some clothes, it's ok, but naked... agrrh.
Back to top Go down
Daennika
Chief
Daennika

Title : Top Douche in charge
Number of posts : 483
Planet/System : Sol, Outer Rim
Credits : 553
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Mando picture   My one and only Mando picture I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:17 am

Butts are upside down hearts! lol rabbit

Nice attempt, Kote. I figure, with this kind of "luck" for a first time drawing a Mando, imagine how great you can do with just a little practice everyday.

Inspiration comes and goes, but in order for you to get "muscle memory" you have to draw often. I can speak for myself when I say that even on those non-inspired days if I try drawing a character it will usually turn out right because of all the practice.
Back to top Go down
http://daesaurus.tumblr.com/
Tenna
Staff Sergeant
Tenna

Title : Droid Control
Number of posts : 193
Planet/System : Hawkbat country
Credits : 217
Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Mando picture   My one and only Mando picture I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 10:31 pm

I had to draw naked butts for class. I still have issues with them. They lack substance according to my professor. silent

The pose is difficult so I wouldn't get hung up about how it took an hour to do. You did a good job. The only thing is her feet and hands are a little small. They should be more around the size of the head.

I go through phases of drawing well, drawing crappy, being inspired, and lacking motivation constantly. It's a never ending cycle that might span over three months or one week. It's really easy just to give up and stop and sometimes I'm so frustrated I do that. But I'm trying to get better at just chipping away and not getting angry if I have to erase the entire thing to make it all look correct. In the end it's for the best.

And not every drawing has to be detailed. Just trying doodling in the corners of notebooks or practicing poses or body parts.

Yeah, I mostly prefer making pencil drawings. I don't have a tablet either but I have made pictures digital with a mouse. It takes a lot of patience.
Back to top Go down
Kote
Warrior
Kote

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Mando picture   My one and only Mando picture I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 3:21 am

All right, got it - a picture a day at least. Laughing My notebooks are going to turn into some pandemonium galleries once more - you know, at scholl I got scolded in pulic several times for having all the fringes of the notebooks and textbooks covered with eyes, lips, hands, and so on...

Huh, upside down hearts, you say? That could help... lol

Quote :
The only thing is her feet and hands are a little small. They should be more around the size of the head.
Oh, I felt something was not quite right about her, now I see it. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Mando picture   My one and only Mando picture I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My one and only Mando picture
Page 1 of 1