Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!
HomeFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Mando outfit in KOTOR

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Gratulor's body
Warrior

Title : Mirsh'kyramud
Number of posts : 144
Planet/System : Fantasy land
Credits : 165
Rep : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: The Mando outfit in KOTOR   Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:19 am

Mesh'la Runi wrote:
I don't know what that picture is from, but I knew I had seen the guy on the right before:

Yeah, this guy appeared first in the comic panel above, which is from issue 7 of Knights of the Old Republic, then again in the series' 22nd issue.
Back to top Go down
Catika
Vice Chief

Title : Medpack Dispenser
Number of posts : 349
Planet/System : Ord Mantell
Credits : 400
Rep : 65
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: The Mando outfit in KOTOR   Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:27 am

That's a Star Wars miniature! Smile I'm two seconds away from ordering a bunch of them off of ebay for DnD purposes. One of the other guys in the campaign has a butt-ton of them and I found all of Delta Squad and nearly peed myself.

Sorry, pointless digression! This does remind me that I need to continue collecting the KOTOR comic books.
Back to top Go down
http://rc1140.tumblr.com
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior

Title : "The Rancor"
Number of posts : 308
Planet/System : Gallifrey
Credits : 304
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: The Mando outfit in KOTOR   Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:47 pm

Catika wrote:
That's a Star Wars miniature! Smile I'm two seconds away from ordering a bunch of them off of ebay for DnD purposes. One of the other guys in the campaign has a butt-ton of them and I found all of Delta Squad and nearly peed myself.

Indeed it is. (Sorry if what I said was confusing, I meant that I didn't know what the first picture was from, not the one I posted). My fiance and I have several plastic boxes full of them (including Delta Squad and that guy, among other Mandos) :S I don't want to know how much I've spent lol. Last I checked, target.com had the Imperial Entanglements series on sale for 10 or 11 dollars; dunno if you live in the states or w/e. I believe wizards of the coast has some sort of coupon going specifically for Target stores that is five dollars off, which basically brings it to the same price if you can find them in-store.

One last thing related to this SW minis tangent: this site is excellent for finding individual minis at relatively decent prices (depending on what you get of course). The extremely rare ones are kind of crazy, but that's expected. They have great service and I've ordered from them a few times, though I've noticed a kind of decline in the availability of many of the miniatures lately, probably because of the fact that most stores have stopped carrying them in preparation for the new Jedi series coming out soon.

/thread hijack off.
Back to top Go down
http://meshlaruni.deviantart.com/
DoseOrdo
Warrior

Title : I is Mandalore?
Number of posts : 181
Planet/System : Space, the final frontier... These are... wait what? wrong fan page?
Credits : 169
Rep : 6
Registration date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: The Mando outfit in KOTOR   Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:49 am

If you look at alot of the art work the crusader helmets look somewhat like hoods. I've seen it on the Mando Mercs site where they tried to figure out one with the hood instead of a hard helmet but it just doesnt look the same.

In SWG the restuss helmet is all one solid part so your character cant turn their head and they look god awful.

Its basically the same design of the Royal Guard helmet just with a T shape to the visor.
Back to top Go down
Gratulor's body
Warrior

Title : Mirsh'kyramud
Number of posts : 144
Planet/System : Fantasy land
Credits : 165
Rep : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: The Mando outfit in KOTOR   Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:09 pm

DoseOrdo wrote:
If you look at alot of the art work the crusader helmets look somewhat like hoods. I've seen it on the Mando Mercs site where they tried to figure out one with the hood instead of a hard helmet but it just doesnt look the same.

In SWG the restuss helmet is all one solid part so your character cant turn their head and they look god awful.

Its basically the same design of the Royal Guard helmet just with a T shape to the visor.

The Restuss helmet is also just a hybrid of the royal guard and neo-crusader one.
Back to top Go down
Buruk
Sergeant

Title : Survivor of Galidraan
Number of posts : 61
Planet/System : Concord Dawn
Credits : 79
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: The Mando outfit in KOTOR   Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:35 pm

I too prefer the comics' adaptation of the helmet, converting it to a mask/hood combination. But I do have to agree, the crusaders' hodgepodge of armor styles is a lot more visually appealing and just screams Mandalorians at you.
Back to top Go down
Ryler
Sergeant

Title : Ambassador of the Wastes
Number of posts : 73
Planet/System : Endor
Credits : 74
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: The Mando outfit in KOTOR   Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:38 pm

I, as well, am quite fond of the mix-n-match mando armor that they had towards the beginning. It made for some very easy identification of individual mandos and you could even see the micro-plot of whatever they were doing throughout the comic till they went away or were killed. Like one had drawn my eye and I had kept tabs on his apperances through the comic till he got a tree or something force pushed into him Mad

Now that aside I think the kotor armor looks very good once you take off the helmet...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mando outfit in KOTOR   

Back to top Go down

The Mando outfit in KOTOR
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3