Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wiki needs help! (simple)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DoseOrdo
Warrior
DoseOrdo

Title : I is Mandalore?
Number of posts : 181
Planet/System : Space, the final frontier... These are... wait what? wrong fan page?
Credits : 169
Rep : 6
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Wiki needs help! (simple) Empty
PostSubject: Wiki needs help! (simple)   Wiki needs help! (simple) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 1:53 pm

Never mind my previous post.

Simply read this

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fandalorian

and comment in the discussion page on if you feel it official, needs revision, or deleted all together.
Back to top Go down
Gratulor's body
Warrior
Gratulor's body

Title : Mirsh'kyramud
Number of posts : 144
Planet/System : Fantasy land
Credits : 165
Rep : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Wiki needs help! (simple)   Wiki needs help! (simple) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:45 pm

I know. I've been trying to edit this one for some time, as I find it very biased towards other fandom subjects. There's only the Fandalorian article, and no other towards any other fandom seperate from general SW fandom - which is a bias. They obviously try portraying us as overdefensive, Karen Traviss protective and troubled fans, which in any case myself am not. I don't protect Traviss, I'm not overly defensive and I indeed am critical of many Mandalorian fans and this article is offensive to me because I know most of us aren't like this at all. A small percentage doesn't make up the majority.

I'll try harder, and try getting this to a more neutral article that reflects the majority.
Back to top Go down
DoseOrdo
Warrior
DoseOrdo

Title : I is Mandalore?
Number of posts : 181
Planet/System : Space, the final frontier... These are... wait what? wrong fan page?
Credits : 169
Rep : 6
Registration date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Wiki needs help! (simple)   Wiki needs help! (simple) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Well my thought was that the wiki should only say the facts. All we can say about the Fandalorian group is that:

Fandalorian is a slang term for fans of the Mandalorian culture in the Star Wars Universe.

Any description of how these fans act, live, or believe is speculation or based of personal opinion from the Fandalorians they've met. None of this belongs in a Wiki page.

So thinking everyone understands simply logic edited out the opinions to simply the definition... as its the only fact. So a wiki troller (donno if theres an official term, but a non admin who patrols the wiki for incorrect edits and such) saw only that the content went from 4 full sections, to one sentence, and reverted it, then warned he would tell on me. After nicely explaining my justification I corrected it again. I was then accused of vansalism and asked to stop, and wait till the community agrees... So about 3 or 4 people agreed and I changed it again... Banned for a month for vandalism.

However the admin did mark it as being biased, and someone did attempt to unbias it. It has also been put into vote for deletion. I was also able to talk to a few of the admins who seem to understand and lifted my ban.

I'm going to attempt to leave it alone but feel free to voice your opinions. Is it fine, should it change, or should it be deleted all together.
Back to top Go down
werty
Lurker

Number of posts : 2
Credits : -2
Rep : -6
Registration date : 2010-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Wiki needs help! (simple)   Wiki needs help! (simple) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:13 pm

fake lv handbags are discountgucci bagsWholesale louis vuitton handbags and<br/>
Several LV Purchasingchanel bagslouis vuitton handbags and top<br/>
louis vuitton handbagsReplica Walletsgucci bags 50% OFFfake lv handbags are<br/>
here is anlouis vuitton bags cheap chanel cheap chanel<br/>
Wholesale cheap chanellouis vuitton handbags and sincerely supplier handbags with 100%<br/>
is an for all kindsgucci outlet you can getReplica Wallets<br/>
you can get cheap andgucci handbagsGucci handbags we were right<br/>
louis vuitton belts takes 7-10 business Louis Vuitton handbags cheap chanel authentic<br/>
fabricherelouis vuitton outlet 50% OFF best service <br/>
Back to top Go down
Douglas Fett
Sergeant
Douglas Fett

Title : Te Werda Mand'alor
Number of posts : 78
Planet/System : The Mandalore System
Credits : 86
Rep : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Wiki needs help! (simple)   Wiki needs help! (simple) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:17 pm

Gah...

BOT!!

*Calls in an airstrike*
Back to top Go down
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior
Mesh'la Runi

Title : "The Rancor"
Number of posts : 308
Planet/System : Gallifrey
Credits : 304
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Wiki needs help! (simple)   Wiki needs help! (simple) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 8:07 am

Douglas Fett wrote:
Gah...

BOT!!

*Calls in an airstrike*

"Friendly airstrike inbound."
Back to top Go down
http://meshlaruni.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiki needs help! (simple)   Wiki needs help! (simple) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiki needs help! (simple)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Mandalorian Stuff :: Global Mando talk-
Jump to: