Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pick your name!

Go down 
+6
Sev Fett
Ms.MaraJade
Cabur
Kote
Tenna
Daennika
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Daennika
Chief
Daennika

Title : Top Douche in charge
Number of posts : 483
Planet/System : Sol, Outer Rim
Credits : 553
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Pick your name! Empty
PostSubject: Pick your name!   Pick your name! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:12 am

...with the random Star Wars Name Generatior!

Because we have to many Fett's already. "Fett" means "FAT" in Norwegian. tongue
Back to top Go down
http://daesaurus.tumblr.com/
Tenna
Staff Sergeant
Tenna

Title : Droid Control
Number of posts : 193
Planet/System : Hawkbat country
Credits : 217
Rep : 10
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Pick your name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your name!   Pick your name! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:59 am

Life saver! I have a character who needed a last name.
Back to top Go down
Daennika
Chief
Daennika

Pick your name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your name!   Pick your name! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 3:41 am

Most of my written characters were given random names, cause I'm not really their mommy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kote
Warrior
Kote

Number of posts : 144
Planet/System : currently on deep scouting mission in the Unknown Regions
Credits : 144
Rep : 16

Pick your name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your name!   Pick your name! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 3:49 am

That's exactely what I needed!
Back to top Go down
Cabur
Tourist
Cabur

Number of posts : 10
Credits : 9
Rep : 0
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Pick your name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your name!   Pick your name! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 5:50 am

Thats pretty cool! cheers

Fett doesn't only mean "fat" in Norwegian in German it has the same meaning *laugh*
Back to top Go down
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

Title : Daydream Wanderer
Number of posts : 340
Planet/System : Flitting between Tochin and Arus
Credits : 307
Rep : 61
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Pick your name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your name!   Pick your name! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:46 am

Nifty little program, but I tend to just come up with names randomly. That's how I know a character has a tale to tell. I may utilize this little feature in the future, though. It has so much fun potential!!!

In my early brainstorming sessions, when I was trying to name each of the members of my squad, four names just started showing up in my notes. I tried to change one of the names once in an early draft, but it just wasn't right. He REALLY wanted the name he chose and made sure I knew it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/961915/Ms_MaraJade
Sev Fett
Tourist
Sev Fett

Title : Aspiring Mandalore
Number of posts : 13
Credits : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Pick your name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your name!   Pick your name! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 5:09 pm

Cabur wrote:
Thats pretty cool! cheers

Fett doesn't only mean "fat" in Norwegian in German it has the same meaning *laugh*

Boba is slang for breasts in the Phillipines I believe. Heard that from someone at this Bubble Tea place I go to often.
Back to top Go down
Daennika
Chief
Daennika

Pick your name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your name!   Pick your name! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 5:11 pm

This is great. Now every time I'll read his name I'll think about big, FAT, boobies. Thanks, people! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sev Fett
Tourist
Sev Fett

Title : Aspiring Mandalore
Number of posts : 13
Credits : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Pick your name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your name!   Pick your name! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 5:15 pm

Razz That's one way to ruin a perception of a character. Find out what his name means. Everything you know is wrong. I wonder if Lucas was aware of these meanings when he thought up the character. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Catika
Vice Chief
Catika

Title : Medpack Dispenser
Number of posts : 349
Planet/System : Ord Mantell
Credits : 400
Rep : 65

Pick your name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your name!   Pick your name! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Sev Fett wrote:
Razz That's one way to ruin a perception of a character. Find out what his name means. Everything you know is wrong. I wonder if Lucas was aware of these meanings when he thought up the character. Shocked

Probably not! I doubt he thought Boba Fett would go anywhere!

Haha, I'm glad you brought up the bubble tea reference earlier--I just want to picture the little boba's as tiny Mando helmets as I eat them. Now I really want some bubble tea!

So I'm trying to name an Admiral's daughter so a couple of Tenna's characters can get some ass... And this name generator is hilarious. "Jasper Griffiths III"? Excellent. XD
Back to top Go down
http://rc1140.tumblr.com
Tenna
Staff Sergeant
Tenna

Pick your name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your name!   Pick your name! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 7:58 pm

Catika wrote:
So I'm trying to name an Admiral's daughter so a couple of Tenna's characters can get some ass... And this name generator is hilarious. "Jasper Griffiths III"? Excellent. XD

Captain's daughter. And Theodore does need help getting some ass.

I loooove name generators. They help me think of something I wouldn't before.
Back to top Go down
Cody MacArthur Fett
Sergeant
Cody MacArthur Fett

Title : Sick-Twisted Freak
Number of posts : 69
Planet/System : Typura/Holarem
Credits : 35
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Pick your name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your name!   Pick your name! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:42 pm

Ironically, I never really needed a name generator before. Mostly because I got a baby name book on my desk, at least for generic symbolism. If I want a character to have a more historical or spiritual name I'll just root around in the Bible (beside my bed) or my dictionary (also besides my bed) until I find the proper similarity. Of course, the name's gotta have a bilingual bonus for something like Hebrew, or Latin, or Russian, or yes, Mando'a. Of course, this often leaves my characters with names like General David "King" Jesse Shepherd and Dara Ret'yc (yes, I do know what that means in Mando'a), but that's kind of the point.

However, these name generators work wonders for writer's block. Pick your name! Jack07 I was finally able to come with a name for a 120-mile long strip of coastline with that thing. A bit anal on the detail, but I felt it was important. Pick your name! Daniel_new_anime008
Back to top Go down
Tenna
Staff Sergeant
Tenna

Pick your name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your name!   Pick your name! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 12:22 pm

I have a baby name book too! I got it for 2 dollahs. People see it and ask me if I'm expecting. Can't a woman have a baby name book without a baby?

I was using a ship name generator the other day. I didn't use any of the ship names it gave me, but it helped me figure one out nonetheless.

And 120 miles is long enough to be important!
Back to top Go down
Cody MacArthur Fett
Sergeant
Cody MacArthur Fett

Title : Sick-Twisted Freak
Number of posts : 69
Planet/System : Typura/Holarem
Credits : 35
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Pick your name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your name!   Pick your name! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 2:03 pm

Tenna wrote:
I have a baby name book too! I got it for 2 dollahs. People see it and ask me if I'm expecting. Can't a woman have a baby name book without a baby?
Of course, especially if she's a writer. I mean, what other reason is there to have a baby-name book just randomly lying around the house? Pick your name! Baltaranime008

Tenna wrote:
I was using a ship name generator the other day. I didn't use any of the ship names it gave me, but it helped me figure one out nonetheless.
Pick your name! Cameron_new014 Oooh, ship name generator? Care to give us a link?

Tenna wrote:
And 120 miles is long enough to be important!
It is if a main character was born there! Pick your name! Vala-newanime014 Besides, a universe ain't a universe until there's an absurd amount of detail put into it. Though, considering that I originally wanted aforementioned main character to be as flat as a plateau, I think I'm failing miserably at it. Pick your name! Weiranime31
Back to top Go down
Tenna
Staff Sergeant
Tenna

Pick your name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your name!   Pick your name! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 3:41 pm

http://www.seventhsanctum.com/ <I love this site.
I posted the link in the writing tools topic too.
Back to top Go down
Dha'Aden
Warrior
Dha'Aden

Title : Gun for hire
Number of posts : 145
Planet/System : Somewhere on Dxun...I think
Credits : 176
Rep : 9
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Pick your name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your name!   Pick your name! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 10:03 am

I used to use the name generator on KOTOR (Knights of the Old Repuclic) but now since the Mando dictionary is out i use it for all my mando related names lol, that doesn't mean KOTOR doesn't have it's place, and that name generator site I've found to be rather useful in my current writers block..grrr to writers blocks!
Back to top Go down
Zacic Volkshed
Sergeant
Zacic Volkshed

Title : The TreadMaster
Number of posts : 80
Planet/System : Columus
Credits : 75
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Pick your name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your name!   Pick your name! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:42 pm

My name is my name, developed it for SWG and Ive used it every reincarnation of my character, even wrote up a back story, which im still in the process of finishing, over on star wars fanon.
Back to top Go down
Dha'Aden
Warrior
Dha'Aden

Title : Gun for hire
Number of posts : 145
Planet/System : Somewhere on Dxun...I think
Credits : 176
Rep : 9
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Pick your name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your name!   Pick your name! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 7:44 pm

Zacic Volkshed wrote:
My name is my name, developed it for SWG and Ive used it every reincarnation of my character, even wrote up a back story, which im still in the process of finishing, over on star wars fanon.

Sounds awesome, I used to play SWG also, though in the end pay for play is what got me and couldn't keep it up had a whole mando'a group going there and all on the Euro Far Star server....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pick your name! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick your name!   Pick your name! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pick your name!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: What are you doing here? :: Who the heck are you?-
Jump to: