Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need my clan!

Go down 
+16
Mesh'la Runi
ForestRaptor
Si Titran
Dha'Aden
Daennika
Melyc'inya
RC-2017
Kote
Whtwlf
Tenna
Jodo Kam
Anecdote
Vio'Fais
Douglas Fett
Ms.MaraJade
Catika
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dha'Aden
Warrior
Dha'Aden

Title : Gun for hire
Number of posts : 145
Planet/System : Somewhere on Dxun...I think
Credits : 176
Rep : 9
Registration date : 2009-04-24

I need my clan! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 11:23 pm

Meh I'm always late to the party aren't I?

oh well I found a funny pic that I think you all might like...(please do not hunt me down if this has been shown)

I need my clan! - Page 3 Stormt12
Back to top Go down
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

Title : Daydream Wanderer
Number of posts : 340
Planet/System : Flitting between Tochin and Arus
Credits : 307
Rep : 61
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 2:01 am

That's cute! I have not seen it before.

Thanks for sharing!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/961915/Ms_MaraJade
Si Titran
Farmer
Si Titran

Title : Goddess Spectacular
Number of posts : 15
Planet/System : Dantooine
Credits : 12
Rep : 1
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:54 pm

Really hope everything works out the way you want it to with your jobs and stuff.

I won't lie, if i didn't love my car as much as I do.. i'd just quit this job i'm at. I thought I'd be interesting to work in an office. I thought it'd be a great change of pace from working with the kids and the stupidity of the board of education. I was VERY wrong and now I am trapped in the center ring of hell.
Back to top Go down
RC-2017
Sergeant

Title : Just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe.
Number of posts : 67
Planet/System : The shipyards, Sol system
Credits : 88
Rep : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:39 pm

I need some cheering up about now. A few days ago, a friend of mine found and took in a baby kitten. He couldn't be more than four weeks old, if that. Today he took a turn for the worse,
and right now, my wife just went to the emergency clinic with him. He's pretty near death's door, and it kills me I can't do better for him. He's too damn small for this kind of osik....
I know- Udesii. Get a hold of yourself man, it's just a stray you're helping, his chances were osik anyway. I can't help myself though. I want the little guy to make it so bad. It's just so kriffing unfair
the way life is so hard on the little 'uns. Crying or Very sad

Update- The verdict from the vet's office was he had no chance at all. He was incredibly hard to make it this far, but there was just nothing to be done for a stay so young and small.
So I tried, but failed to save his life. Crying or Very sad If anyone needs me I'll be at the bottom of a
buy'ce of ne'tra gal trying to convince myself I did everything I could.......

Shab...life sucks sometimes...
Back to top Go down
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:38 pm

Quote :
So I tried, but failed to save his life. If anyone needs me I'll be at the bottom of a
buy'ce of ne'tra gal trying to convince myself I did everything I could.......

Shab...life sucks sometimes...

I am so sorry about this, RC-2017!! It sucks. I agree completely. I'm a huge cat lover so I can relate to this kind of heartbreak.

Just remember that at least he died with someone who cared about him, someone who was trying to help instead of some crazed di'kut who intentionally was harming the poor, little feline adiik.

Stay kotyc, ner vod! Grieve, for you must, but remember there are far too many furry adiiks out there who need you, and if you're not back in the right frame of mind you could lose out on the opportunity to save another, one who might need your care more...one who you can make sure survives this time.
Back to top Go down
Catika
Vice Chief
Catika

Title : Medpack Dispenser
Number of posts : 349
Planet/System : Ord Mantell
Credits : 400
Rep : 65
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:45 pm

That is so sad. I'm sorry you couldn't do anything--it's just heartbreaking when something like this happens. But you did your best, and that's all you can do sometimes. No regrets there.

Here's to hoping you can save 100s of more little lives in the future!
Back to top Go down
http://rc1140.tumblr.com
Si Titran
Farmer
Si Titran

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Try to take comfort that yes you did what you could. You still have your soul. I even want to say that the 'ika knew that someone cared for him too, and that eased his passing. Know that he isn't suffering anymore. We animal lovers have it tough sometimes. *BIG HUGS*

At least mando'a is more communicative than English when it comes to emotions.
Back to top Go down
RC-2017
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:20 am

Vor'entye, ner vode. It's hard to loose one, but even we mando'ade can't win them all, I suppose.
Man more out there still need me, so I'll never stop doing all in my power to help them. As for this little 'un, he gets to be remembered. Every day, along with those I honor who march far away now.
Back to top Go down
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:32 pm

Good news for this post!

I got the results of the body scan, and I am OFFICIALLY out of the muck!

5+ years cancer free, and my doctor said this was the "last" body scan. Very Happy Very Happy

This means that come October, 2009, I will have officially crossed the 6-year Remission Mark, and I beat the crap out of thyroid cancer.

Pull out the uj cake. We're going to celebrate this one, vode!
Back to top Go down
Melyc'inya
Staff Sergeant
Melyc'inya

Title : Combat Medic
Number of posts : 116
Credits : 167
Rep : 14
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 7:38 pm

K'oyacyi, Mar'ika! I'd offer you uj cake, but I don't have the stuff to make it, and my mommy's still in the process of figuring out the recipes so I can have some when I go visit. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://melfina-chan.deviantart.com
Si Titran
Farmer
Si Titran

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:36 pm

Ah thats great news vod! Indeed celebrate! I'll make the uj cake! I have a nice recipe for that too...
Back to top Go down
RC-2017
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:15 pm

I'll raise a glass to this, ner vod! Ms.MaraJade, health to you, and death to the hated cancer.
cheers Way to win ner vode, way to win! cheers
Back to top Go down
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 5:53 pm

Thanks so much, everyone, for the support!! Very Happy

Quote :
I have a nice recipe for that too...

Si: Please, please PM me your uj cake recipe. Very Happy My husband found one from the CloneCommandos.net site, but if yours is different, I'd be happy to see it as well.

I'm trying to find one that I am comfortable to try making. I love to bake, and I would really love to make one of these as a test run before Christmas. If it comes out well, it'll get added in the Christmas dessert repertoire along with my Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Si Titran
Farmer
Si Titran

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:36 pm

Yeah i'll send it to you as soon as i find it in my chaos. ( I have a general lock on target for this... just not precise coordinates just yet.) Its really something I've considered as uj cake, based on my collected descriptions of it. ( I also have a Lambas bread too, for those LOTR fans out there...)
Back to top Go down
Kote
Warrior
Kote

Number of posts : 144
Planet/System : currently on deep scouting mission in the Unknown Regions
Credits : 144
Rep : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 12:29 am

I certainly need my clan now, because my parents just've had a grand quarrel - the one that is on the verge of full-scale firefight, and I just can't do anything, and tomorrow is a frigging hard exam, and I just can not make myself read or learn anything. Why do they always pick such moments, I wonder?

Just need to vent it somwhere.
Back to top Go down
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:15 pm

Hi Kote!

I meant to respond to your post earlier when I first saw it. I want you to know that you in my thoughts, and I wish you the best with your situation. I hope your parents find it within themselves to forgive each other and move into a better moment together. By the way, how did the school exam go afterwards?

Sorry to steal the spotlight now, but I need to vent, too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My husband just lost his job today.

We're down to only my income to support a house and a family, and I think the company we work for is doing sneaky layoff tactics by finding reasons to fire employees rather than announce an official layoff and let people go with a severance package. I worry that they may find ways to let me go, too.

Now, he's trying to find a job in a recession, and I've heard nothing good about job hunting right now. I'm extremely pissed at the people who initiated this predicament because they had been exhibiting a friendly manner to me, and now I feel like I've been stabbed in the back. I really wish I had beskar'gam, or at the very least, the buy'ce so that I could just keep my face hidden and get my job done without people to interfere. It makes me hate the world and those within it.
Back to top Go down
ForestRaptor
Sergeant
ForestRaptor

Title : Mando'ad
Number of posts : 91
Credits : 94
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:36 am

I know I'm not well known around here or anything and I haven't shared so much with this fabulous community, but MaraJade, you're right to hate the hut'uun who've resorted to such strategies. And if you had the resources I would make em pay for it.

But in these harsher times it's a lot easier to accommodate and be irreproachable in the work environment.

I wish you courage and determination while you're at your work place, as far as I've read, you've got it takes to pull through.

It's my wish also that your husband manages to find something he likes and that will pay well enough as soon as possible. It really will envolve a lot of luck, but I've managed a few lucky breaks, so you two can pull through!

Hang in there, your aliit has your six I think Wink
Back to top Go down
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:29 pm

Hi ForestRaptor!

Thanks for offering me your well-wishes with my situation. Don't be shy about the support in the future. Yours was the first I received actually, and I'm grateful that someone took the time to respond in kind. I was beginning to lose hope about anyone caring...and that was just making my situation worse.

I appreciate also that you feel I have the ability to survive this rotten turn of events, and your want to defend my honor and that of my husband is rather noble. Thanks again!!

My husband has unemployment filed for now, and we just tweaked his resume again. Now, it's a matter of him getting and staying active with the applications. We'll certainly need luck in this lousy job market, and I suspect that he'll probably end up back on some EMS transport rig before he lands anything with "normal" hours again, like he had at his last job. I know the medical field is always looking for experience, and an EMT with over 15 years experience has a better chance than someone like me with 20 years of office skills. We're just holding the EMS applications for last because with the insane hours that come in that field, our family had a very difficult time being...well, a family.

Anyway, I shall ramble no more, but thank you graciously for your encouragement. cheers

Take care.
Ms.MaraJade
Back to top Go down
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior
Mesh'la Runi

Title : "The Rancor"
Number of posts : 308
Planet/System : Gallifrey
Credits : 304
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:19 am

Wow. I actually had made a post out in response like right after you had posted, Mara, but I guess it didn't go through!!

Anyways, the gist of it was that I can sympathize with your situation to a certain extent, in that I've been affected by the bad job market lately as well. My fiance has been trying to get a job around here for nearly a year and absolutely nowhere is hiring. It's scary. Money is tight enough with just me working, so I can't imagine how you must be feeling with having two kids (I think you said you had two) to worry about too.

I don't pray, but I do sincerely hope that everything works out for you. Sorry my response didn't show up, leaving you feeling alone. >_> I'm betting my internet screwed up.
Back to top Go down
http://meshlaruni.deviantart.com/
commander-13
Staff Sergeant
commander-13

Number of posts : 69
Credits : 115
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 1:02 am

Ms Marajade,

I'm not very good when it comes to offering words of encouragement, so all I have to say is, have heart, and have courage. I just wish I could help, but I know you and your family will be alright. Think of it as a temporary setback and that soon, everything will be back to normal.

Hang in there.
Back to top Go down
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:55 pm

Hi Mesh'la & commander-13!

First of all, I wanted to apologize to the entire forum in the event that my previous post had come across as a smack in the face to everyone. It was certainly not my intent. I was merely being pulled down by my emotional burdens, and the part of me that remains in despair spoke without concern for anyone else's feelings. Again, if I have offended anyone, I do apologize.

MESH'LA: I certainly understand what it's like when a computer hic-cups and you think a post went through but it actually fell somewhere by the wayside, and you don't realize it right away. You also have my sympathies and concerns for you fiance's plight in the job market. Yes, you are fortunate that you do not have children to raise, and yes you are correct that I do have two children to feed. (One is 13 and the other is 2 1/2.) Wink I have no choice but by next week to begin cutting out the "luxury" items if my husband does not have some kind of income...even though he filed for unemployment, it's better than nothing, but it is only temporary, too. So, next week, if he's had no success, we'll be saying goodbye to a few expenses that we can live without. I just can't afford to keep it all if we want to feed our kids. I looked into WIC quite some time ago, and if they are still using the same standards to judge income now that they do then, they'll tell me I "make too much" to be granted their help. Lastly, it's okay that you don't pray...I do not either, but I appreciate your thoughts for us. Smile

COMMANDER-13: It's okay that you're not good at offering words of encouragement. Don't be shy about saying "sorry and good luck." It's a bit generic, I know, but at least it's an acknowledgement, and sometimes something as small as that can go a long way. Very Happy I am doing my best to hang in there and make it through this trying time, but I guess I'm just tired of being "tested" every year with something or another. I keep wondering when the fates of the universe (or some entity above...depending on your belief) will finally choose someone else to "test." I've had so many of these "tests" in the last 8 years that enough is just ENOUGH! But, I do so very much appreciate you offering me your thoughts and your concerns. It may seem little and insignificant on the surface, but sometimes a kind word or two can be all someone needs to face another day. cheers

Thanks everyone!!

Take care.
Ms.MaraJade
Back to top Go down
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 6:55 pm

Um, well....I'm not sure how to begin this one as it's currently bittersweet.

As some of you know, I had been trying for over 2 years to get pregnant (and it took nearly as long to get pregnant with my first child).

I took a pregnancy test the Tuesday after Easter (April 6), and it showed a POSITIVE!!!

I saw the doctor for the first appointment last week (April 20), and they said that even though the calendar puts me at 7 weeks, 1 day of pregnancy, the ultra sound measured the baby at only 5 weeks and 3 days. They insisted I come in the following week for another ultra sound.

This Tuesday (April 27), the baby had a heartbeat (151 beats per minute which is strong). However...there was no other sign of growth between last week and this week. The baby is still measuring at 5 weeks, 3 days (even though the calendar is now at 8 weeks, 1 day = 2 months).

I have to go back again on Tuesday (May 4) for another ultra sound. Please keep me in your thoughts that the baby is developing normally and we see growth to put both the doctors and me at ease. I'm not sure I can handle another week of limbo and hoping. I'm worrying more than I probably should, but I've wanted another child for so long.
Back to top Go down
commander-13
Staff Sergeant
commander-13

Number of posts : 69
Credits : 115
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:53 am

MaraJade,

All will be well. Smile

Hugs

Me.
Back to top Go down
Zacic Volkshed
Sergeant
Zacic Volkshed

Title : The TreadMaster
Number of posts : 80
Planet/System : Columus
Credits : 75
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 3:40 pm

Dont worry a second longer, everything will work out the way it supposed to and you'll look back on this and smile about how silly it was to worry. Im giving you all my extra hope that I have left over from exams, its not much but its chocked full of love and good intentions.
Back to top Go down
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:22 pm

Thanks, vode!

I'll be sure to update you all sometime next week after the next ultra sound.

I'm still hoping and wishing and...just taking calming breaths right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need my clan!   I need my clan! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need my clan!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next