Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who is your fav non-mando character from Star Wars?

Go down 
+2
Catika
Melyc'inya
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Melyc'inya
Staff Sergeant
Melyc'inya

Title : Combat Medic
Number of posts : 116
Credits : 167
Rep : 14
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Who is your fav non-mando character from Star Wars? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who is your fav non-mando character from Star Wars?   Who is your fav non-mando character from Star Wars? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:55 am

Favorite non-mando, eh? I...uh...hum. That's a good question. Cant' really say that I have any favorites outside them...I mean, there are other people I like, but I dunno if it's enough to count as favorite. Yoda's pretty damn badass, Vader's awesome, Han's kinda fun, didn't have much care for the prequels beyond ooh-ing at Jango and raging at Mace Windu for killing him (although I do find it funny that the big, bald black man thought he wouldn't be easy enough to spot on the battlefield; he had no need for the purple glowbat!)...don't know diddly squat about the EU besides reading Karen Traviss and having a vague knowledge that certain people exist...

But! I have done a little reading up on Zabrak (because Bastion and Kyr'ika decided to convince me to join their Star Wars RP campain, so I had to figure out if I liked any of the races). They're really neat, and the only reason I can see that there aren't more who are Mandalorian is because their home planet was one of the first to get attacked when the Mandos went nuts on the galaxy.

Their homeworld is harsh, but they make due, and train themselves and their children well. Their clan is important to them, though the intricacies are unsurprisingly different. They also have some pretty neat traditions and such, with the tattooing and the coming of age rituals.

I'd say, expect some Mando-Zabrak art in the near-distant future, once I get around to drawing my character. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://melfina-chan.deviantart.com
Catika
Vice Chief
Catika

Title : Medpack Dispenser
Number of posts : 349
Planet/System : Ord Mantell
Credits : 400
Rep : 65
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Who is your fav non-mando character from Star Wars?   Who is your fav non-mando character from Star Wars? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:26 am

Princess Leia has been one of my favorite female characters since I was 8 years old. She just kicks ass (except for when she's super cracked out for most of Return of the Jedi :[ ). I'm also a fan of Obi-wan because I love Ewan McGregor and Obi-wan's occasional silliness.

Outside of the movies, Jarael from the Knights of the Old Republic comic books is a sassy, staff-wielding Arkanian babe. Love her.
Back to top Go down
http://rc1140.tumblr.com
Daennika
Chief
Daennika

Title : Top Douche in charge
Number of posts : 483
Planet/System : Sol, Outer Rim
Credits : 553
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Who is your fav non-mando character from Star Wars?   Who is your fav non-mando character from Star Wars? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:20 am

Who is your fav non-mando character from Star Wars? HanSolo
Back to top Go down
http://daesaurus.tumblr.com/
Ms.MaraJade
Warrior
Ms.MaraJade

Title : Daydream Wanderer
Number of posts : 340
Planet/System : Flitting between Tochin and Arus
Credits : 307
Rep : 61
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Who is your fav non-mando character from Star Wars?   Who is your fav non-mando character from Star Wars? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 5:27 pm

As for the movies, I'm young Obi-Wan all the way. Ewan MacGregor just gives me the....happies. Very Happy

EU that is not Karen Traviss-related, I've always had an admiration for Mara Jade. I liked her from the moment Zahn wrote her into Heir to the Empire, and I totally loved her courage when she fought that cancer-like disease. I kind of paralleled my own cancer battle to hers and used her image of strength to get through my own.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/961915/Ms_MaraJade
Anecdote
Strong Arm
Anecdote

Title : Molotov over here!
Number of posts : 174
Planet/System : Corellia
Credits : 195
Rep : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Who is your fav non-mando character from Star Wars?   Who is your fav non-mando character from Star Wars? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 6:07 pm

From the "current" times, Master Qui-Gon Jinn, the only true 'gray Jedi' of the movie era. I've of the opinion that, had he survived his encounter with Darth Maul, Anakin would not have turned to the dark side. This is a biased opinion though, as I've read (and own) the entire Jedi Apprentice series featuring Obi-wan and Qui-Gon.

Actually, I really look up to him, which is kind of weird considering he's a fictional character... but there it is. His teachings, his faults and his strengths, he's what made the prequel movies worth watching for me.

As for the Old Republic (a few thousand years BBY), I admire... the Jedi Exile and Atton Rand. I played KotOR II under the impression that the Exile had PTSD. (I don't know why or how the idea got into my mind, but there it is.) The Exile did what she had to do simply to survive.

KotOR II in general is a deep, dark story. The protagonists... are all anti-heroes.

Atton Rand... is one of my heroes. He's a murderer. A drunk. A gambler. A swinger. A sith. Worse than a murderer, an Assassin. The Assassin. The Best (if not one of the) that worked under darkside!Revan. Yes, it took a woman sacrificing her life for him to see himself for what he was, but he could have stayed where he was--what he was. But he didn't. He stood up and turned away. He ran from the evil that could have consumed him.

Some people call him a coward. I admire his courage for what he did. I admire his ability to fess up to what he did, despite the threat of retribution from the Exile.

I could go on but I'll leave it there. =)
Back to top Go down
Gratulor's body
Warrior
Gratulor's body

Title : Mirsh'kyramud
Number of posts : 144
Planet/System : Fantasy land
Credits : 165
Rep : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Who is your fav non-mando character from Star Wars?   Who is your fav non-mando character from Star Wars? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 4:12 am

Lando Calrissian is my favorite from the movies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is your fav non-mando character from Star Wars?   Who is your fav non-mando character from Star Wars? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who is your fav non-mando character from Star Wars?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: What are you doing here? :: Just chatting-
Jump to: