Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandalorian enthusiasts, ahoy! Whether you are a Fandalorian, avid Karen Traviss reader, Clone Wars buff or simply a Boba Fett admirer... we salute you!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Go down 
+16
Dar Kyram
Buruk
ForestRaptor
Vlarden Terrath
DoseOrdo
Cyberpaladin85
Mesh'la Runi
Dha'Aden
Anecdote
Bastion
Cody MacArthur Fett
Daennika
RC-2017
Gratulor's body
Whtwlf
Catika
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Daennika
Chief
Daennika

Title : Top Douche in charge
Number of posts : 483
Planet/System : Sol, Outer Rim
Credits : 553
Rep : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:26 pm

Oh my god, Coruscant. Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god
Back to top Go down
http://daesaurus.tumblr.com/
Buruk
Sergeant
Buruk

Title : Survivor of Galidraan
Number of posts : 61
Planet/System : Concord Dawn
Credits : 79
Rep : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:11 pm

Looks impressive. I wonder how much free-roaming we'll be able to do.
Back to top Go down
Dar Kyram
Strong Arm
Dar Kyram

Title : I am the Skull King. ...and the new mascot.
Number of posts : 42
Credits : 67
Rep : 6
Registration date : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 11:42 am

Hmm... I dunno. Coruscant looks like KoTOR's Nar Shaddaa, just bigger.
Back to top Go down
Daennika
Chief
Daennika

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:16 pm

Well if I'm not allowed to do some inconsiderate speeding in the skylanes, at least give me the opportunity to sit in a galactic titty bar to talk crap about lore. Or maybe just let us hang out in a mall, to deal spice.
Back to top Go down
Buruk
Sergeant
Buruk

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:21 pm

Daennika wrote:
Well if I'm not allowed to do some inconsiderate speeding in the skylanes, at least give me the opportunity to sit in a galactic titty bar to talk crap about lore. Or maybe just let us hang out in a mall, to deal spice.

Not in a mall, in front of a convenience store. Very Happy

Noige, noige, noige, smokin weed, smokin weed, dealin coke, drinkin beers

Drinkin beers, beers, beers

Rollin fatties, smokin blunts, who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts!

Rollin blunts and smokin blunts

Fifteen bucks, little man, put that shit in my hand, if that money doesn't show, then you owe me, owe me, owe

My jungle love... o-ee-o-ee-o... I think I wanna know you, know you... yeah, what?

2000 awesome points to whoever recognized that. cheers
Back to top Go down
Dar Kyram
Strong Arm
Dar Kyram

Title : I am the Skull King. ...and the new mascot.
Number of posts : 42
Credits : 67
Registration date : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:28 pm

Suspect
Eeeeeeh, I dunno why, but I can't help but think the talent of that scene should be left to Jay and Silent Bob themselves. Seeing it in text and on a Mandalorian forum discussion board some how makes it lose its quirky value.
Back to top Go down
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior
Mesh'la Runi

Title : "The Rancor"
Number of posts : 308
Planet/System : Gallifrey
Credits : 304
Rep : 31
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 5:54 pm

I would love to see apartments on Coruscant of some kind, though I know that's asking for a lot. Luckily, they have a lot of options with the decision to include Triple Zero. Hopefully it won't be only five key places you can visit or something lame like that, lol. The lower levels look interesting at least. (:
Back to top Go down
http://meshlaruni.deviantart.com/
ForestRaptor
Sergeant
ForestRaptor

Title : Mando'ad
Number of posts : 91
Credits : 94
Rep : 7
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 9:11 am

Mesh'la Runi wrote:
I would love to see apartments on Coruscant of some kind, though I know that's asking for a lot. Luckily, they have a lot of options with the decision to include Triple Zero. Hopefully it won't be only five key places you can visit or something lame like that, lol. The lower levels look interesting at least. (:

Let's hope there's just enough content to satisfy what's needed for single player experience... that's what Coruscant should feel like IMO.
Back to top Go down
DoseOrdo
Warrior
DoseOrdo

Title : I is Mandalore?
Number of posts : 181
Planet/System : Space, the final frontier... These are... wait what? wrong fan page?
Credits : 169
Registration date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:49 am

Mesh'la Runi wrote:

Well the housing system (and ability to decorate them) was a large + for SWG compared to most mmos. It would be a bad business deal not to bring something similar over. I do however think that the houses on SWG got out of control. We never saw such a wide spread of affordable houses plopped down where ever in any iconic settings. Actually owning a home should be rare and only in certain locations. If theres player bounties there needs to be safe houses of some sort. I'd simply say take the "apartment ring" from KOTOR and instance multiples of them into major cities.
Back to top Go down
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior
Mesh'la Runi

PostSubject: Beta Testing Signups   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:29 pm

Signups for beta have just been released today, though at the current moment the site is down because of the flooding of activity. Someone on the LOTRO boards copy/pasted the announcement before the SWTOR boards went down:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?p=4054080#post4054080

And here's what Kotaku has to say, for any interested:

http://kotaku.com/5370227/sign-up-for-the-old-republic-beta
Back to top Go down
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior
Mesh'la Runi

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 9:52 pm

Update

Here is the official link to the signups page (with FAQ at the bottom):

http://www.swtor.com/tester

Many people are experiencing issues with the system scan portion of the signup process, so here is a link to the thread in which one of the devs is discussing common problems:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=74720

Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
Daennika
Chief
Daennika

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:12 am

I'm stuck at the detailed information page Razz

No point in so much hassle for something that is incomplete and would only decrease my excitement for the game!
Back to top Go down
Gratulor's body
Warrior
Gratulor's body

Title : Mirsh'kyramud
Number of posts : 144
Planet/System : Fantasy land
Credits : 165
Rep : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:43 am

Exciting news, means that the launch date is getting even closer.

I'm not signing up for this though, it's not my interest to spend time testing uncomplete games and having to file reports about bugs. Would definitely suck at being a tester. Plus, how many crashes can a human being take before going ballistic? Razz
Back to top Go down
DoseOrdo
Warrior
DoseOrdo

Planet/System : Space, the final frontier... These are... wait what? wrong fan page?

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 7:09 am

Im signed up!... I think... maybe...

lol I went through the entire thing and when i submitted the scan... it went back to the page to agree to policy page... nothing saying my application finished, nothing saying it didnt work... Theres a link saying you can check your status but it only takes you to the top of the same page... looks like they needed testers for the tester application system...
Back to top Go down
Daennika
Chief
Daennika

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 1:14 pm

New planet: Balmorra. Pretty sweet!

www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/planets/balmorra/screen02_800x450_holonet.jpg" border="0" alt=""/>
Back to top Go down
Buruk
Sergeant
Buruk

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 2:41 pm

Neat.
Back to top Go down
ForestRaptor
Sergeant
ForestRaptor

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 4:46 pm

It reads like a very nice PvP planet setting ^^
Back to top Go down
Catika
Vice Chief
Catika

Title : Medpack Dispenser
Number of posts : 349
Planet/System : Ord Mantell
Credits : 400
Rep : 65

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 11:16 am

I just learned on Facebook that the last two classes are revealed!

Jedi Consular
Sith Inquisitor

Whew, because I thought I was stuck being a SITH WARRIOR, now I can be a SITH INQUISITOR.

wtf. Redundancy.

Anyway it doesn't look like any info has been posted on the actual site yet, this is just what I learned on the TOR fan page on Facebook.
Back to top Go down
http://rc1140.tumblr.com
Daennika
Chief
Daennika

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 2:20 am

Guys we need to get started on a guild... anybody got name ideas for us? I only came up with funny non-serious stuff (Mandomination, Mandoloid...) so other ideas are welcome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Catika
Vice Chief
Catika

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 7:01 am

One of my friends said he watched an interview about the Consular/Inquisitor classes, and apparently it's like this: Knights/Warriors are the melee class and Consulars/Inquisitors are the mage class. This makes slightly more sense to me and hopefully it won't be super lame.

As for guild titles, I think we need to be Mandomination. >D
Back to top Go down
DoseOrdo
Warrior
DoseOrdo

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 11:39 am

I think people are getting to stuck on the "class type" as far as what they do. With only 4 class per side Id have to guess that different classes cover more then one roll. Probably similar to Wow where you spec to different area.

If they stick to the "mage type", "melee type" or "range type" then the grouping for high end PVE or PVP will be wacked. Heck I refuse to play Jedi (and normaly wont group with one) so I cant imagine we're going to be without a support class...

As for the guild/clan, Im sticking with the Mandalorian Brotherhood and welcome any Mando fans interested (not trying to takel recruits or anything)
Back to top Go down
Mesh'la Runi
Warrior
Mesh'la Runi

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 8:09 pm

According to a person in my old SWG guild (aka I'm not sure how reliable the information is) :

Quote :
From what I've read, all classes will be able to use limited cover, but smugglers excel in it. As far as troopers being commandos, one of the devs mentioned at some point that each class will be CRAZY-customizable. So basically each class can be divided into a number of small classes. For example, for each class, you can create a "healer" variant (im guessing healing jedi, combat medic, etc). Im guessing for trooper there will be a number of options from commando, commander, soldier, and combat medic.

He went on to say that he thinks he saw it on IGN or something, and is going to find out. If he finds the source then I'll post an update.
Back to top Go down
Catika
Vice Chief
Catika

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 8:13 pm

That sounds AWESOME Mesh. I hope it's true! Let us know if you get a source. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gratulor's body
Warrior
Gratulor's body

Title : Mirsh'kyramud
Number of posts : 144
Planet/System : Fantasy land
Credits : 165
Rep : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 10:35 am

They've just revealed that you can actually branch off into two variants of each class, the smuggler can into the gunslinger and scoundrel. That is awesome I think, but hopefully more specific variants aren't inhernently just alike.
Back to top Go down
ForestRaptor
Sergeant
ForestRaptor

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 2:08 am

There's more to it than that too.

We now know that as far as the Sith Inquisitor goes you can specialize in two different braches:

- Agile/melee combat which is reminiscent of Darth Maul

- or Emperor Palpatine's "Infinite Power" lightning approach to combat. ( Healer/ranged dps )

It also seems like every class will have a "healer" approach to it.

For the smuggler it would be the Scoundrel.

I want more info on this dang it xD

Another update that was made is about the companion characters. We can choose from many available ( we don't know how many ) and will have only one at our disposal at any time. These companions are specific to a class ( which means all 8 classes will have different companion characters ) and will behave like any companion character in any of the Bioware games. Meaning if you piss em off too much they take their bags and leave or just turn against you.

all this info and more can be picked up on this thread here :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2072991#edit2072991

And I'll have to turn down the offer to join you Dean'ika, being part of Champions of Mandalore and all study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic   Star Wars: The Old Republic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Old Republic
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next